|Knockback||2.75 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||18 Very Fast|
- Internal Item ID: 1229
The Chlorophyte Shotbow is a Hardmode repeater crafted using Chlorophyte Bars. It shoots 2-4 arrows per shot but only consumes one arrow, as with all other multi-shot bows. Arrows fired with the Chlorophyte Shotbow cannot be recovered regardless of the type of arrow used.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When using the Shotbow with piercing arrows (Unholy Arrows, Jester's Arrows, Chlorophyte Arrows) it will do only the damage of 1 arrow even if you hit the enemy with more than 1 arrow; making the Shotbow less effective with piercing arrows.
- The base damage of the Shotbow, because of the arrow spread, ranges from 68 to 136 damage, not taking account for arrows.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The lack of damage can be compensated for by the use of Ichor Arrows, which decreases defense.
- The Chlorophyte Shotbow works extremely well when combined with Hellfire Arrows, due to its ability to summon what are effectively storms of Hellfire Arrows very quickly. Additionally, as Hellfire Arrows inherently cannot be recovered, the drawback of the Chlorophyte Shotbow not being able to recover arrows becomes much less significant. This strategy is more effective against crowds (especially during invasions) than individual opponents, however.
- The above can also be applied to Holy Arrows for storms of stars.
- The Chlorophyte Shotbow combined with Holy Arrows is a great choice for Plantera because of the Shotbow's high single target damage output.
- While the Shotbow has less base damage per arrow than the Hallowed Repeater, there is the chance that multiple arrows may strike intended targets with every shot, therefore landing more damage. It can also cover a much larger area if fired in the correct direction, and is generally more efficient in terms of arrow consumption than the Hallowed Repeater.
- However, it should be noted that the difference in damage between the Hallowed Repeater and the Chlorophyte Shotbow can have a significant effect on DPS against enemies with large amounts of defense; furthermore, if the player has a Hallowed Repeater with an above average modifier, it may be a better choice than the Chlorophyte Shotbow.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Shotbow" is a portmanteau of the words Shotgun and Crossbow.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.