|Type||Armor – Set|
|Set Bonus||Summons a powerful leaf crystal to shoot at nearby enemies.|
|Buff duration||Infinite, while full set is worn|
|Buff tooltip||Shoots crystal leaves at nearby enemies|
- Internal Buff ID: 60
Chlorophyte Armor is a Hardmode armor set that can be considered a step up from Hallowed Armor, granting better defense and being geared more towards high damage rates for ranged and magic users, but less speed than Hallowed Armor.
Equipping the full set causes a Leaf Crystal to permanently appear over the player's head, automatically attacking enemies via a ranged projectile that costs no mana or ammunition. The projectiles can cause up to 100 damage each.
The Leaf Crystal is capable of firing two separate simultaneous volleys of projectiles. Each volley fires about once per second. It is possible for both volleys to be targeting the same enemy.
- One volley targets any enemies in range on its own. It requires a clear line-of-sight, and will not fire through blocks, except on Mobile, where it can fire.
- A second volley activates when an enemy takes damage from other sources first (eg. from a player attack, or from Lava, a Minion, a Trap, etc). This volley will target enemies through blocks, and the projectile will travel through blocks to reach the target.
Set[edit | edit source]
Helmet variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Leaf Crystal itself emits a small amount of green light.
- The Crystal does not benefit from damage-increasing accessories and cannot deal critical hits.
- When firing, the crystal launches a projectile moving in a straight line and does not home in or track targets. As the projectile doesn't move too quickly, it will often miss if the target moves around a lot, such as a Wandering Eye.
- In PvP, the crystal will not target players unless they take damage from another source first.
- Be warned that the Leaf Crystal will go after the Mysterious Tablet outside of the Dungeon. It is possible for the Crystal to miss the tablet and hit the cultists instead.
- The Leaf Crystal will target Blazing Wheels and Spike Balls in the Dungeon, though it is unable to damage them.
- If a minion is targeting an enemy behind a wall, it is likely that the Leaf Crystal will also target and shoot through the wall.
- Dragon armor and Chlorophyte armor offer the most universal critical strike chance bonus in the game.
- The Leaf Crystal will target Golem's head during the second phase of the fight, though it is unable to damage it.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The crystal can be very useful for farming certain enemies while inactive, for example in search of rare drops and Biome Keys.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: The Leaf Crystal set bonus shoots faster and does more damage now.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Graphics variant for female characters added.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: The Leaf Crystal set bonus shoots faster and does more damage now.
- Console 1.02: Introduced with female variant.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: The Leaf Crystal set bonus shoots faster and does more damage now.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced with female variant.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with female variant.