Christmas is a seasonal event that occurs between December 15th ( December 1st) and 31st ( January 15th). During Christmas, Presents can be dropped by any enemy (1/13 or 7.7% chance), except for enemies spawned by statues. Hearts are also replaced by Candy Canes, and Mana Stars are replaced with Sugar Plums.
During Hardmode, one of the items a Present can contain is the Snow Globe, which summons the Frost Legion. Defeating it enables the Santa Claus NPC, which spawns if valid housing is available, but only during the Christmas season.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- Does not drop from statue-spawned enemies
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Christmas can be "activated" by setting the device's date to any date within the respective Christmas timespan.
- Change the computer's date to any day between December 15th and 31st.
- Disconnect from Xbox Live / PSN and change the console time.
- Disconnect from automatic date/time updates and set the time to any day in December. Note that this does not work for some devices.
- Go to "System Settings" and set the date there.
- If a change of the device's time is undesired, applications like "RunAsDate" allow launching Terraria with a changed time and date.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.2:
- The event has been updated, featuring several new items.
- One single present item drops instead of three different colors.
- Desktop 1.1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.