We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Christmas is a seasonal event that occurs between December 15th (December 1st on the Mobile and versions) and 31st. During Christmas, Presents can be dropped by any enemy (1 in 13 chance, or about 7.7%), except for enemies spawned by statues. Hearts are also replaced by Candy Canes, and Mana Stars are replaced with Sugar Plums.
During Hardmode, one of the items a present can contain is the Snow Globe, which summons the Frost Legion. Defeating it enables the Santa Claus NPC, which spawns if valid housing is available, but only during the Christmas season.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Drops||For Sale|
From any enemy:
From Present Slimes:
|From Painter:|| From Clothier:
From Traveling Merchant:
- *Does not drop from Statue-spawned enemies
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Christmas can be "activated" by setting your computer's date to a day between December 15th and 31st, and on the Console version, disconnecting from Xbox Live/PSN and changing the console time. On mobile you should disconnect from automatic date/time updates, and set the time to any day in December, however this does not work for some devices, and for the 3DS version, go to System Settings and set the date there. However, if you wish to not change your device's time to avoid messing up scheduled programs, you can use applications such as RunAsDate to launch Terraria with a changed time/date.
History[edit | edit source]
- Mobile 1.2.10061: Santa now requires the Frost Legion to be defeated before he'll spawn.
- Mobile 1.1.5: Introduced. Santa can spawn randomly any time during the Christmas season.
- The event has been updated, featuring several new items.
- One single present item drops instead of three different colors.
- 1.1.1: Introduced.
|Random Events||Rain • Slime Rain • Blood Moon • Sandstorm • Solar Eclipse|
|Summoned Events||Goblin Army • Frost Legion • Pirate Invasion • Solar Eclipse • Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon • Martian Madness • Lunar Events • Party • Old One's Army|
|Seasonal Events||Chinese New Year • Valentine's Day • St. Patrick's Day • Easter • Oktoberfest • Thanksgiving • Halloween • Christmas|