Christmas is a seasonal event that occurs between December 15th (December 1st on the Mobile and ) and 31st (January 15th on the versions Mobile and ). During Christmas, versionsPresents can be dropped by any enemy (1 in 13 chance, or about 7.7%), except for enemies spawned by statues. Hearts are also replaced by Candy Canes, and Mana Stars are replaced with Sugar Plums.
During Hardmode, one of the items a present can contain is the Snow Globe, which summons the Frost Legion. Defeating it enables the Santa Claus NPC, which spawns if valid housing is available, but only during the Christmas season.
Christmas is not to be confused with the Frost Moon, a Christmas-themed invasion event.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Drops||For Sale|
From any enemy:
From Present Slimes:
From Traveling Merchant:
- *Does not drop from Statue-spawned enemies
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Christmas can be "activated" by setting your computer's date to a day between December 15th and 31st, and on the Console version, disconnecting from Xbox Live/PSN and changing the console time. On mobile you should disconnect from automatic date/time updates, and set the time to any day in December, however this does not work for some devices, and for the 3DS version, go to System Settings and set the date there. However, if you wish to not change your device's time to avoid messing up scheduled programs, you can use applications such as RunAsDate to launch Terraria with a changed time/date.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.2:
- The event has been updated, featuring several new items.
- One single present item drops instead of three different colors.
- Desktop 1.1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.