|Use time||19 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Toss in water up to 3 times to increase fishing power|
The Chum Bucket is a consumable which increases fishing power when thrown into a liquid. It is dropped with a
50*1/2 (50%) chance from Blood Moon enemies: the Wandering Eye Fish and Zombie Merman drop it in stacks of 4–6, and the Hemogoblin Shark, Blood Eel, and Dreadnautilus in stacks of 7–10. These enemies spawn when fishing during a Blood Moon.
The fishing power bonus depends on how many Chum Buckets are present on the water's surface. A single bucket used will increase fishing power by 11, two for a total of 17 and finally three for a total max bonus of 20. This bonus is added after all other fishing factors and so isn't influenced by time factors like other fishing gear are; see the relevant section on Fishing for details.
Each bucket lasts up to 10 times reeling in the line, even if nothing is on the line or if the line breaks.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using a Sonar Potion alongside Chum Buckets is recommended, as it allows you to save your reels for more valuable fish.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tooltip is a reference to the popular children's show Spongebob Squarepants' main antagonist, Plankton. In the series Plankton owns a business named "The Chum Bucket" which sells the namesake chum.
- Chum buckets in real life are used by fishermen to lure sharks.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced.