|Knockback||0.3 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||29 (Average)|
|Tooltip|| Creates and destroys biomes when sprayed|
Uses colored solution
Purifies and creates biomes when sprayed
Uses colored solutionVerify
|Buy / Sell||2 / 40|
|Internal Item ID: 779|
|Buy / Sell||25 / 5|
|Internal Item ID: 780-784|
The Clentaminator is a Hardmode tool that creates or destroys biomes, using various Solutions as ammunition. The particular Solution used determines its effects. It has the same firing pattern as the Flamethrower, but has a much longer range and fires through blocks.
The Clentaminator can be bought from the Steampunker for 2 platinum coins.
Solutions[edit | edit source]
There are currently five different Solutions. Most are sold by the Steampunker, who sells different solutions based on certain conditions.
| Green Solution
Internal Item ID: 780
| When no other solution is being sold
by the Steampunker
| Removes Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow.
Converts Mushroom Biome to Jungle
| Used by the Clentaminator|
Spreads the Purity
| Purple Solution
Internal Item ID: 782
| During a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse,
if the world has Corruption
|Spreads Corruption|| Used by the Clentaminator|
Spreads the Corruption
| Red Solution
Internal Item ID: 784
| During a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse,
if the world has Crimson
|Spreads Crimson|| Used by the Clentaminator|
Spreads the Crimson
| Blue Solution
Internal Item ID: 781
| When the Steampunker lives in
|Spreads Hallow|| Used by the Clentaminator|
Spreads the Hallow
| Dark Blue Solution
Internal Item ID: 783
|From the Truffle, any time||Converts Jungle into Mushroom Biome|| Used by the Clentaminator|
Spreads Glowing Mushrooms
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Clentaminator has a range of 60 tiles.
- It is affected by boosts that reduce ammo usage, thereby saving solution.
- Its stream emits a faint amount of light.
- Using it is the only way to create Converted Walls.
- Dark Blue Solution can break a Plantera's Bulb when the Jungle blocks beneath it are converted to Mushroom Biome blocks.
- When using the Purple, Blue, or Red Solution, Mud will be replaced with Dirt along the surface to accommodate grass blocks.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since boosts which reduce ammo usage also affect the consumption of solution, it is recommended that you have at least two ammo-conserving items or buffs before using the clentaminator. The following items may be used: Chlorophyte Helmet and Vortex Breastplate give a constant chance to not consume ammo; while Ammo Reservation Potion and the Ammo Box provide temporary (but long-lasting) ammo-conserving buffs. Combining all four of these results in a 61.6% chance to not consume ammunition (including solution).
- It is possible to change an entire world by digging Hellevators about every 116 blocks (232 ft on the Compass) and slowly descending each one, spraying both sides.
- It could be a potentially effective tool to search for Life Fruit when using Dark Blue Solution, as it will break them out of place and convert the Jungle foliage to Glowing Mushroom foliage -- illuminating and creating a contrast between the background and the life fruit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Clentaminator" is a portmanteau of the words 'Cleanse' and 'Contaminator', these being its two major uses.
- It is tied with the Diamond Ring and Tiki Totem as the third most expensive item players can buy (the second most expensive item is the Parrot Cracker with the most expensive being the Companion Cube), but it is the only one among these with a practical use.
- When using the Clentaminator, an apparatus can be seen on the character's back. A similar effect also occurs when equipping the Heat Ray, Leaf Blower, and Elf Melter. The apparatus is, as with the items listed above, invisible when the player has wings and is midair.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Solution sprites updated.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Consumables: Potions ( Buff Potions) • Thrown Weapons Ammunition • Seeds • Materials ( Drops • Ores • Bars) • Other |