The Clinger Staff used to stop a Wolf
The Clinger Staff is a Hardmode magic weapon that has a 20% chance to be dropped by a Corrupt Mimic. It generates a 15 blocks tall wall of Cursed Flame, which deals damage and inflicts the Cursed Inferno debuff to any enemy that walks through it. The point at which the wall is generated must be in a direct line of sight; otherwise, the wall will not generate, though still use mana. The Clinger Staff's wall lasts for about 45 seconds. Only one wall may be generated at a time; if another is summoned, the first one will vanish.
Its best modifier is Masterful in Desktop version for mana efficiency, or Ruthless for maximum damage output in Console and Mobile as it cannot deal critical hits.
- The Clinger Staff can work on platforms and on solid blocks. It does not work on angled blocks.
- It does not work with either of the set bonuses of the Spectre armor.
- Despite having a listed critical strike chance of 4%, the Clinger Staff cannot deal critical hits.
- Despite the weapon's tooltip and the projectile's appearance, this weapon doesn't inflict the Cursed Inferno debuff.
- Due to its high knockback, this weapon is excellent at keeping enemies away from the player.
- The Clinger Staff excels at killing Worms, as multiple segments can be hit by the wall.
- This weapon can be useful while in the Dungeon for keeping enemies away due to its narrow passageways.
- This weapon is useful during the Old One's Army event, as many enemies cannot pass though due to its high knockback.
- Despite its name and appearance, the staff is not dropped by Clingers.
- This weapon has the highest mana usage of all magic weapons in a single use.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Height of the Clinger flames increased by 50%.
- No longer has a hit limit.
- Can now inflict Cursed Inferno debuff.
- Can now inflict critical hits.