|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||23 Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons a wall of cursed flames|
|Debuff tooltip||Losing life|
- Internal Item ID: 3014
The Clinger Staff is a Hardmode magic weapon that has a 20% chance to be dropped by a Corrupt Mimic. It generates a wall of Cursed Flame, which inflicts the Cursed Inferno debuff and deals damage to any enemy that walks through it. The point at which the wall is generated must be in a direct line of sight. Otherwise, the wall will not generate, though still using mana. The Clinger Staff's wall lasts for about 45 seconds. This weapon has the highest mana usage of all magic weapons in a single use.
Its best Modifier is Mythical. Ruthless will make it hit enemies more often and do more damage, but it can negate its power of stopping fighter-type enemies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Clinger Staff can work on platforms and on solid blocks.
- The wall is 10 blocks high by 1 block wide.
- Due to the high knockback this weapon is excellent at keeping enemies away from you.
- The wall can only hit up to 20 times before it times out and vanishes.
- It has the highest mana cost per use out of any magic weapon and will burn through the maximum unmodified mana possible with five uses.
- The Clinger Staff does not work with either of the set bonuses of the Spectre armor.
- The Clinger Staff doesn't work on blocks that have been angled with a hammer.
- Contrary to the name, Clingers are unrelated to this item
- The Clinger Staff excels at destroying worm-type enemies, as multiple segments can be hit by the wall of flame.
- The Clinger Staff can also be used as a hardmode substitute for the Flare Gun when farming for fishing bait.
- Despite the wall functioning like a Sentry, it is not enhanced by any gear boosting minion damage, instead it's powered by magic-based gear.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.2: Changed to work on platforms.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()