|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||24 Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons a wall of cursed flames|
- Clinger Staff
The Clinger Staff is a Hardmode magic weapon that has a 20% chance to be dropped by a Corrupt Mimic. It generates a 10 blocks tall wall of Cursed Flame, which inflicts the Cursed Inferno debuff and deals damage to any enemy that walks through it. The point at which the wall is generated must be in a direct line of sight. Otherwise, the wall will not generate, though still using mana. The Clinger Staff's wall lasts for about 45 seconds or 20 hits.
Its best modifier is Masterful for mana efficiency, or Ruthless for maximum damage output because it cannot deal critical hits.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Clinger Staff can work on platforms and on solid blocks. It does not work on angled blocks.
- It does not work with either of the set bonuses of the Spectre armor.
- Despite having a listed critical strike chance of 4%, the Clinger Staff cannot deal critical hits.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to its high knockback, this weapon is excellent at keeping enemies away from the player.
- The Clinger Staff excels at killing worms, as multiple segments can be hit by the wall of flame.
- The Clinger Staff can be used as a Hardmode substitute for the Flare Gun when farming for fishing bait.
- Due to the narrow passageways of the Dungeon, this weapon can be useful while in the Dungeon for keeping enemies away.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite its name and appearance, the staff is not dropped by Clingers.
- This weapon has the highest mana usage of all magic weapons in a single use.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.2: Changed to work on platforms.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.