Clockwork Assault Rifle
|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||11 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Three round burst|
Only the first shot consumes ammo
- Internal Item ID: 434
The Clockwork Assault Rifle is a Hardmode gun that fires in three-round bursts. It has a 16.67% chance to be dropped by the Wall of Flesh. Only the first shot out of the three will consume ammunition. The attack button can be held for repeated fire. This weapon deals no knockback(except on the 3DS version, where it has very weak knockback).
Its best Modifier is Demonic, as it does not have any knockback, and thus cannot get modifiers that affect it.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Clockwork Assault Rifle fires three shots, each one with a delay of 4 ticks, for a total of 12 ticks. The delay between one burst and the next is 14 ticks. One complete use of the weapon (including the delay) takes 26 ticks.
- On the Mobile version, the 14-tick delay between each burst of bullets does not exist, this means that the gun shoots extraordinarily fast and that the weapon gets higher DPS values than even the Megashark.
- Additionally, it consumes two bullets instead of one, contrary to what the tooltip says.
- Meteor Shot has reduced effectiveness with this weapon, as only the first, and sometimes the second, shot of the three-round burst will hit.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This weapon's high rate of fire and low ammo consumption make it ideal for crowd control. These same strengths also make it effective against Bosses, especially for some of the Mechanical Bosses.
- This weapon's low ammo consumption makes it ideal for people who use expensive ammo, even well into the late-game.
- When using Crystal or Ichor Bullets as ammo, the player can easily defeat Plantera and even Golem with as poor as Hallowed armor.
- Having the Rapid modifier will greatly increase its fire rate, making it fire faster than the Minishark and doing as much DPS as the Megashark.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.