Clockwork Assault Rifle
|Damage||17 / 19 (Ranged)|
|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Three round burst|
Only the first shot consumes ammo
- Internal Item ID: 434
The Clockwork Assault Rifle is a Hardmode gun that fires in three-round bursts. It has a
12.5*1/8 (12.5%) / 25*1/4 (25%) chance to be dropped by the Wall of Flesh. Only the first shot out of the three will consume ammunition. The ⚒ Use / Attack button can be held for repeated fire.
Its best modifier is Demonic, as it does does not have any knockback and thus cannot get modifiers that affect it. It can also get the Deadly modifier, which, while the Demonic modifier may provide the greatest damage per hit, grants a higher increase to the overall DPS.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Clockwork Assault Rifle fires three shots, each one with a delay of 4 ticks, for a total of 12 ticks. The delay between one burst and the next is 14 ticks. One complete use of the weapon (including the delay) takes 26 ticks.
- On the version, the Clockwork Assault Rifle has a knockback stat of Very Weak
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This weapon's high rate of fire and low ammo consumption make it ideal for crowd control. These same strengths also make it effective against bosses, especially for some of the mechanical bosses.
- This weapon's low ammo consumption makes it ideal for people who use expensive ammo, even well into the late-game.
- When using Crystal or Ichor Bullets as ammo, the player can easily defeat Plantera and even Golem with as poor as Hallowed armor.
- Having the Rapid modifier will greatly increase its fire rate, making it fire faster than the Minishark and doing as much DPS as the Megashark.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On the Mobile version, the Clockwork Assault Rifle used to not have the delay between ticks, making it very viable far into Hardmode. However, this has been removed with the 1.3 update. Though, it seems that in the Nintendo Switch version it has a similar effect of consuming two shots at once, making it fire far faster than it should.
- The Clockwork Assault Rifle, Star Cannon, Flintlock Pistol and the Minishark are some of the only guns without knockback.
- The Clockwork Assault Rifle is potentially a reference to the Heckler & Koch G11 assault rifle, a real-world prototype rifle that fired in three-round bursts and had several gears in the internals of the weapon.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Damage decreased from 19 to 17.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.