We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Damage|| 200 / 400 (bombs)|
50 / 100 (melee)
|Max Life||400 / 800|
|KB Resist||60% / 64|
|Debuff duration||7 seconds / 14 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Movement is reversed|
|Internal NPC ID: 109|
The Clown is an uncommon Hardmode enemy that only appears during Blood Moons. The clown's primary weapons are smiley bombs which will do extreme damage to a player or NPC when they explode, but will not destroy tiles. Touching the clown itself inflicts melee damage, and has a chance to inflict the Confused debuff.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although Clowns are a relatively rare enemy, at least one Clown will usually appear over the course of any Blood Moon during Hardmode (more if the player is in the Jungle or has an enemy spawn increasing item in effect, like the Water Candle and/or Battle Potion).
- Although the Bananarang rare drop is a weapon, due to its stackable nature (a feature shared only with Light Discs), the Clown may drop multiple Bananarangs at a time (up to four at most).
- On the Mobile version sometimes there will be four Clowns in the exact same place.
- As Clowns are the only Hardmode exclusive Blood Moon enemy, it makes them the only enemy that has a consistent chance of dropping the KO Cannon.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- 184.108.40.206: Now has a chance to drop a Clown Banner.
- Bombs thrown by clowns will now show that the wall has been destroyed in multiplayer.
- Will only throw bombs when players are in range.
- 1.1: Introduced.