|AI Type||Fighter AI|
“His origins unknown, this creepy fiend balances himself on a ball while hurling explosive destruction at everything around him.
— The Bestiary
The Clown is an uncommon Hardmode enemy that only appears during Blood Moons. The Clown's primary weapons are Happy Bombs, which deal high damage but do not destroy tiles. He can also throw Chattering Teeth Bombs. The Clown also deals contact damage with a chance of inflicting the Confused debuff.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although spawn rates are significantly increased during a Blood Moon, it is not guaranteed that a Clown will spawn.
- Although the Bananarang is a weapon, due to its stackable nature (a feature shared only with Light Discs), the Clown may drop multiple Bananarangs at a time.
- In Master Mode, his bombs can do extreme damage, possibly even killing the player in a single hit if they’re not prepared. The Chattering Teeth Bombs he throws will stay even after the clown dies, and can do similar extreme damage in Master Mode.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This enemy is modeled after the archetypal evil clown, which has been a recurring urban legend in the United States since the 1900s.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now be detected by Lifeform Analyzer.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Desktop 1.1.1:
- Bombs thrown by Clowns will now show that the wall has been destroyed in multiplayer.
- Will only throw bombs when players are in range.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.