Cobalt Bars are bars crafted from 3 Cobalt Ore. Cobalt is the first tier of the three Hardmode ores that the player is able to obtain. Cobalt is the equivalent of Palladium. When the first Demon Altar Is broken, Cobalt or Palladium is chosen randomly and the other one will not spawn naturally in that world.
Crafting all Cobalt equipment requires 145 Bars, or 435 Ore.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Cobalt Shield and Ancient Cobalt armor are not related to Cobalt ore, and are not craftable. They can only be obtained as loot.
- Cobalt has the same value whether it is sold as Bars or raw Ore.
- Cobalt is slightly weaker than Palladium in terms of base stats, though Cobalt equipment is cheaper to craft.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Several Cobalt items have a distinctive Eastern theme, the spear being a naginata, the sword somewhat resembling a Katana, or the katana-like Muramasa, the Chinese themed Repeater, and the headgear variations resembling Japanese and/or Chinese headdresses.
- Real cobalt isn't blue in pure form, but rather a lustrous, silver-gray. Cobalt oxide is used to make a blue pigment, which probably inspired its appearance in Terraria. Historically, cobalt compounds were used for centuries to color glass, glazes, and ceramics in Egyptian sculpture, Persian jewelry, and Chinese porcelain (which may explain its Eastern theme in Terraria).
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Now placeable and used to craft Cobalt Waraxe and Cobalt Pickaxe.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 126.96.36.199. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 188.8.131.52. ()
- Console 1.02: Now placeable and used to craft the Cobalt Waraxe and Cobalt Pickaxe.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Now placeable and used to craft Cobalt Waraxe and Cobalt Pickaxe.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 1.2.