Ew, my hair, there's spider web all over it!
Cobwebs are crafting materials used to craft Silk and other items. Cobwebs can also be placed. They will catch players who fall into them and reset fall damage. They break after a short time when a player is stuck in them, but can also be harvested instantly with any weapon or swung tool, just like plants.
Cobwebs are commonly found in underground areas, in clusters of 5 or more, alongside the edges of walls or ceilings. They are also found in large quantities in Spider Caves, where they regrow over time, offering players an unlimited supply.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Placed cobwebs can support falling blocks like sand and silt; removing the cobwebs will allow them to fall, causing damage to whatever they hit.
- Placed cobwebs do not impede the movement of monsters, NPCs or critters.
- Although Cobwebs have no sell value, they can be crafted into Silk, which has a sell value of
200*2 . At 7 Cobweb per Silk, this results in a sell value of 28*28 for a Cobweb.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because they slow player movement, Cobwebs can be used in the construction of pits to prevent fall damage.
- It is more resourceful to make Silk Rope instead of Web Rope as using Silk will consume less Cobweb and yield more rope.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit was increased from 250 to 999. Silk now only takes 7 Cobwebs to craft.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Breaks as a result of the player getting caught in it.
- Desktop 1.0.1: Now prevents falling damage correctly.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.