“Ew, my hair, there's spider web all over it!
Cobwebs are crafting materials used to craft Silk and other items. Cobwebs can also be placed. They will catch players who fall into them and reset fall damage. They break after a short time when a player is stuck in them, but can also be harvested instantly with any weapon or swung tool, just like plants.
Cobwebs are commonly found in underground areas, in clusters of 5 or more, alongside the edges of walls or ceilings, and are guaranteed to drop a cobweb item when broken. They are also found in large quantities in Spider Caves, where they regrow over time; however, cobweb found there is only 1/4th (25%) as likely to drop when broken.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Result[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Placed cobwebs can support falling blocks like sand and silt; removing the cobwebs will allow them to fall, causing damage to whatever they hit.
- Placed cobwebs do not impede the movement of monsters, NPCs or critters.
- Although Cobwebs have no sell value, they can be crafted into Silk, which has a sell value of
200*2. At 7 Cobweb per Silk, this results in a sell value of 28*28 for a Cobweb.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because they slow player movement, Cobwebs can be used in the construction of pits to prevent fall damage.
- It is more resourceful to make Silk Rope instead of Web Rope as using Silk will consume less Cobweb and yield more rope.
- An easy way to find Cobweb is to use a Dangersense Potion as it highlights the Cobweb on the screen.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Cobwebs are now highlighted in red, like other traps, rather than in red sparkles when the player has on the Dangersense buff.
- Introduced 3 new recipes for Cobweb:
- Desktop 1.2.4:
- Desktop 1.2:
- Can now be found plentifully in Spider Caves, as the walls will allow Cobwebs to regrow. However, Cobwebs found here only drop the Cobweb item 1/4 of the time.
- Silk now only takes 7 Cobwebs to craft instead of 10.
- Stack limit was increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Now breaks as a result of the player getting caught in it.
- Desktop 1.0.1: Now prevents falling damage correctly.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.