Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Cochineal Beetle Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 217
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite the Cochineal Beetles' primary purpose being to provide dye crafting material, they can do substantial damage, especially to newer players who mistake them for passive critters.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The real-world cochineal is an insect native to South America and Mexico. It is used to create the red dye known as cochineal or carmine, which is mainly used in food and cosmetics. The cochineal is actually a scaled insect, rather than a beetle.
- The Bestiary entry for the Cochineal Beetle: "Found in deep, dark caverns, these large beetles are sought out for the deep, blood-red secretions stored in their scaly exoskeleton."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Can now drop its own respective banner. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Can now drop its own respective banner. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, but doesn’t drop the Red Husk.