- Internal Item ID: 393
The Compass is an informational accessory that enables an on-screen display of the player's lateral position when equipped. Position is shown in the number of feet (1 foot = 1/2 tile) to the East or West of the center of the map. The center of the map is usually very close to the initial spawn point. In the Desktop version and Console version, the Compass has a 2% chance to be dropped by Salamanders, Giant Shellys, Crawdads, Mother Slimes, Piranhas, Snow Flinxes, Undead Vikings, and Armored Vikings. On the Old-gen console version, it has a 14.29% chance to be dropped by Mimics. On the Mobile version and , it is unobtainable (no longer drops, but still exists), and is not functional. version
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike the "Level" depth, which is a single horizontal row of tiles (2 feet high), the 'Center' Position is actually two columns of tiles (4 feet wide). The actual center of the map is between those two columns.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made changes from PS4’s 1.0.750.0 update. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: ()
- Sprite updated to match Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- Compass no longer drops from Mimics: no longer a hardmode accessory.
- Now dropped by Salamanders, Mother Slime, Piranhas, Snow Flinxes, Undead Vikings, and Armored Vikings.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced, but not functional.