|Tooltip||Displays horizontal position |
Shows horizontal position
- Internal Item ID: 393
The Compass is an informational accessory that enables an on-screen display of the player's lateral position when equipped. Position is shown in the number of feet (1 foot = 1/2 tile) to the East or West of the center of the map. The center of the map is usually very close to the initial spawn point. In the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, the Compass has a 1.23% (1 in 83) chance to be dropped by Salamanders, Giant Shellys, and Crawdads, a 1.33% (1 in 75) chance to be dropped by Piranhas, and a 2% (1 in 50) chance to be dropped by Mother Slimes, Snow Flinxes, Undead Vikings, and Armored Vikings. On the Old-gen console version, it has a 14.29% (1 in 7) chance to be dropped by Mimics. On the , it is unobtainable (no longer drops, but still exists), and is not functional. version
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This content is transcluded from Informational Accessories/note. Unlike most accessories, informational accessories such as the Compass do not need to be equipped in an accessory slot. The Compass may be carried in the player's inventory without loss of functionality, unless equipped to a social slot. Additionally, the info it provides will be shared with nearby players of the same team in multiplayer. Keep in mind modifiers will no longer apply to the player when not equipped, however.
- Unlike the "Level" depth, which is a single horizontal row of tiles (2 feet high), the 'Center' Position is actually two columns of tiles (4 feet wide). The actual center of the map is between those two columns.
- The compass can drop from piranhas spawned from statues.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made changes from PS4’s 1.0.750.0 update. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: ()
- Sprite updated to match Desktop 22.214.171.124.
- No longer drops from Mimics.
- No longer a hardmode accessory.
- Now dropped by Salamanders, Mother Slime, Piranhas, Snow Flinxes, Undead Vikings, and Armored Vikings.
- Tooltip changed from "Shows horizontal position" to "Displays horizontal position".
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced, but not functional.