Config.json is a file created by Terraria that primarily stores settings that were chosen via Terraria's settings menu.
Config.json resides in one of the following locations by default:
Browse > On My (device) > Terraria
Hidden settings[edit | edit source]
|This section describes experimental Terraria features.|
|Features described below may be subject to change or removal in future Terraria updates, and may not function perfectly. Use with caution. It is recommended that you back up your world and player files prior to enabling or using these features.|
In addition to storing the in-game menu settings, config.json allows players to set certain game options that have not yet been added to the menu. In order to set these options, quit Terraria completely, open the config.json file, edit the desired settings, then save the config.json file and start Terraria.
- When this is set to true, Experimental features are enabled. There are currently no Experimental features.
- When this is set to true, Smart Cursor will activate even for common block types (1.2.4's smart block placement will be re-enabled).
- When you defeat the Wall of Flesh, this settings gets added to the config.json file.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Added a DisableIntenseVisualEffects setting, which currently disables flashing during thunderstorms.
- Added a MultiplayerNPCSmoothingRange setting, which smooths NPC movement within a pixel range.
- Added a TeamNameplateDistance setting, which enables reduction of team nameplate drawing distance, in an effort to increase multiplayer performance.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Texture Pack no longer needs to be enabled via UseExperimentalFeatures.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed filterPriorityThreshold resetting in every future update.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Added Texture Pack support, also enabled via UseExperimentalFeatures.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Added UseExperimentalFeatures, which enables World Seeds.
- Desktop 1.3.1: All previously hidden config settings are now in the game menus.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Added ReverseUpDownForArmorSetBonuses.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Added UseSmartAxeAfterSmartPickaxe.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Added UseSmartWallReplacement, UseSmartCursorForCommonBlocks, DisableLeftShiftTrashCan, HidePasswords, ThickMouseEdges.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.