|Console-Only Content: This information applies only to the console version of Terraria.|
The Console version of Terraria is published by 505Games and developed by Engine Software. The console version is a port of the desktop version, which is developed by Re-Logic. This version contains exclusive content not available in the desktop version, including new enemies, achievements, music tracks and music boxes, armors, weapons, pets, and a new boss.
The console version is currently available on 7 different console systems. Terraria 1.3 is expected to be released on Nintendo Switch in 2017.
Due to hardware requirement issues and memory constraints, old-gen platforms (Xbox 360, PS3, PS Vita) and the Wii U will not receive significant updates past the 1.2.4 PC equivalent, and the original 3DS won't receive significant updates past the 1.2 PC equivalent (updates for the New 3DS have not been discussed).
|Console||Date of Last Update||Current Version||Desktop Equivalent|
|PlayStation 3||August 26, 2016||1.09||126.96.36.199|
| December, 10 2015 (download)
Mar 15 2016 (physical)
+ some 1.2.4 content
|Wii U||September 2nd, 2016||1.08||188.8.131.52|
|Nintendo Switch||Not yet released, estimated 2017||TBA||184.108.40.206|
Console exclusive content[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- June 4, 2015 on all console platforms
- All content from the desktop version through 1.2.3 (Does not give fishing, or any other entity that includes fishing).
- Added console exclusive Ocram Mask and Horned God set.
- April 17, 2014 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita
- November 2014 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- All content from the desktop version through 220.127.116.11 (Except the Coin Gun and 10 extra inventory slots).
- Added console exclusive Sparkly Wings, Fabulous Outfit, George's Tuxedo, Ocram Trophy, and enemy banners.
Japanese Release[edit | edit source]
The game was released in the PlayStation network in Japan on May of 2013. To do a proper localization of the game in Japan the game was translated and curated by Spike Chunsoft. This company is the developer of the game series Danganronpa and Shiren the Wanderer so they decided to include costumes of characters from those games to create excitement in the Japanese public. The character Toro (the official mascot of Sony in Japan) appears in a number of Japanese video games.
|Monokuma costume||Shiren costume||Monomi costume||Toro's costume|
Trivia about the Japanese release[edit | edit source]
- The game Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc also features a small reference to Terraria in one of the game menus.
- Terraria has its own Japanese website with cool animations and music and used to have its own licensed Let's Play series.
- How Terraria became a Japanese success.
- Developer Spike Chunsoft added exclusive anime cross-over content with anime vanity sets.
- The Japanese Trailer can be seen here
- Costumes of: Toro (Sony's Japanese mascot), Monomi (from Danganronpa 2), Monokuma (from Danganronpa), and Shiren (from the Mystery Dungeon series). 
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- http://thevitalounge.net/2014/01/16/japanese-terraria-trailer-showcases-a-pair-of-exclusive-cameos/ Cameo appearances on the PSVita
| Console/Mobile/3DS-Only Items|
|Weapons & Ammunition||Egg Cannon • Sharanga • Tizona • Tonbogiri • Vulcan Repeater • Spectral Arrow • Vulcan Bolt • Heart Arrow • Holy Hand Grenade • Roman Candle • Zapinator|
|Armors, Accessories & Vanity items||Dragon armor • Titan armor • Spectral armor • Boots of Ostara • Valentine Ring • Sparkly Wings • Fabulous Outfit • George's Tuxedo • Oktober Locks • Dirndl Blouse • Dirndl Skirt • Alpine Hat • Lederweste • Lederhosen • Festive top hat • Horned God costume • Monokuma costume • Shiren costume • Monomi costume • Toro's costume|
|Pets||Beeswax • Brain • Broken Heart Crystal • Cabbage • Golden Seaweed • Holiday Bauble • Mysterious Package • Old Walking Stick • Petri Dish • Pot o' Gold • Shiny Black Slab • Suspicious Looking Apple • Turkey Feather • Vial of Blood • Wolf Fang|
|Music Boxes||Music Box (Ocean) • Music Box (Snow) • Music Box (Space) • Music Box (Tutorial)|
|Banners||Albino Antlion • Arch Demon • Arch Wyvern • Dragon Snatcher • Orca • Shadow Hammer • Shadow Mummy • Spectral Elemental • Spectral Gastropod • Vampire Miner|
|Other||Ocram Trophy • Soul of Blight • Suspicious Looking Skull • Wiesnbräu • Strange Looking Tombstone • Rainbow Piece • Cursed Stuffing • Horn o' plenty|
|Unobtainable||Red Envelope • Firecracker • Mythical costume|
| Console/Mobile/3DS-Only Enemies |
|Pre-Hardmode||Albino Antlion • Arch Demon • Dragon Hornet • Dragon Skull • Dragon Snatcher • Orca • Vampire Miner|
|Hardmode||Arch Wyvern • Shadow Hammer • Shadow Mummy • Shadow Slime • Spectral Elemental • Spectral Gastropod • Spectral Mummy|
|Bosses||Ocram (Servant of Ocram) • Lepus • Diseaster Bunny • Turkor the Ungrateful|