|Knockback||1.5 (Extremely weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Your summons will focus struck enemies|
Strike enemies to summon a friendly snowflake
'Let me have some of that cool whip'
- Cool Whip
The Cool Whip is a Hardmode whip that, upon striking an enemy, creates a temporary snowflake projectile that chases nearby enemies, dealing 10 damage to them on contact. The summoned snowflake ignores armor (except Dungeon Guardian's) and is not affected by damage bonuses outside of Banners. If a snowflake is already summoned, attacking with the whip will reset its timer instead of creating a new one.
Its best modifier is either Sluggish for maximum range, Bulky for a mix between damage and range, or Legendary for maximum damage output at the cost of range.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like the Firecracker and Dark Harvest, the Cool Whip forgoes summon tag damage for a on-hit special effect. This results in it being more effective as a direct weapon, but prevents it from enhancing minion damage.
- Tagging an enemy with a different Whip will not cause the Snowflake to disappear. This allows it to be used as a support weapon for crowd control.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item and its tooltip are a reference to the brand of imitation whipped cream of the same name.
- The tooltip is also a reference to the Barely Legal episode of Family Guy, in which Stewart "Stewie" Griffin asks Brian for some Cool Whip with strange pronunciation.
- With perfect timing, it is possible to summon a snowflake, as the previous one is about to despawn. This way players can have multiple snowflake summons.
- Despite not being able to critically strike enemies, modifiers such as deadly and legendary still display an increase in critical strike chance.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.