Copper Ore is an early game ore, which spawns on the surface as well as in the Underground and Cavern biomes. It is the weakest and most easily obtained tier of ore in the game. Its primary use is to make Copper Bars, which can be used to create the Copper tier of equipment. The equivalent of Copper Ore is Tin Ore, which will sometimes replace Copper in a world. Copper Ore has a small chance to appear as a bonus drop from Slimes.
New characters will always start with Copper tools, regardless of the ore types present in the world.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Similar to Tin, new players may want to avoid wasting effort trying to mine Copper Ore as Wood/Cactus armor and tools easily outweigh the usefulness of this ore. However, it is used in some decorative recipes.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Placed copper has a new texture.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Now has a sparkle effect.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.