Copper Ore is an early game ore, which spawns on the surface as well as in the Underground and Cavern layers. It is the weakest and most easily obtained tier of ore in the game. Its primary use is to make Copper Bars, which can be used to create the Copper tier of equipment. The equivalent of Copper Ore is Tin Ore, which will sometimes replace Copper in a world. Copper Ore has a small chance to appear as a bonus drop from slimes.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although a world might have Tin Ore instead of Copper Ore, new players will always start with a Copper Shortsword, Copper Pickaxe and a Copper Axe.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Similar to Tin Ore, new players may want to consider skipping mining Copper Ore early on, so they can focus on collecting Iron or better ores instead.
- However, Copper Ore is used in some decorative recipes and may become more desirable to the player as mining becomes easier and quicker.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Now has a sparkle effect.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprites updated to match Desktop 22.214.171.124. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprites updated to match Desktop 126.96.36.199. ()
- Console 1.02: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 188.8.131.52.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Sprites updated to match Desktop 220.127.116.11.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Copper Ore will now sometimes not generate in a world, being replaced by Tin Ore.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.