Copper Ore is an early game ore, which spawns on the surface as well as in the Underground and Cavern biomes. It is the weakest and most easily obtained tier of ore in the game. Its primary use is to make Copper Bars, which can be used to create the Copper tier of equipment. The equivalent of Copper Ore is Tin Ore, which will sometimes replace Copper in a world.
New characters will always start with copper tools, no matter what ores the world spawns.
- New players may want to avoid wasting effort trying to mine copper ore as wood/cactus armor and tools easily outweigh the usefulness of this ore. However, it is used in some decorative recipes.
- 184.108.40.206: Placed copper has a new texture.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.2: Copper will now sometimes not generate with a world, being replaced with Tin Ore.
- 1.0.5: Now has a sparkle effect.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.