The Corruptor is a Hardmode enemy that spawns within The Corruption. It is a greater version of the Eater of Souls, with an added projectile attack (Vile Spit) that inflicts the Weak debuff on players. Corruptors are immune to the Confused debuff.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Corruptors launch Vile Spit, similar to Burning Spheres, Chaos Balls, and Water Spheres. Vile Spit is easily destroyed with a single hit from any weapon, and cannot pass through blocks.
- Despite its name, it is no longer able to spread the Corruption.
- Corruptors can be quite powerful when just starting Hardmode, so the player should not underestimate them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It leaves behind an afterimage as it moves, much like a set of Necro armor.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Can now drop its own respective banner. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Can now drop its own respective banner. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.