Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
“Like a cancer, the putrid creatures born from the Corruption mutate and grow into bigger, more deadly forms which discharge acids.
— The Bestiary
The Corruptor is a Hardmode enemy that spawns within The Corruption. It is a larger version of the Eater of Souls, with an added projectile attack (Vile Spit) that inflicts the Weak debuff on players.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Vile Spit projectiles are similar to Burning Spheres, Chaos Balls, and Water Spheres in that they are destroyed with any weapon in a single hit. However, unlike the others, Vile Spit cannot pass through blocks, and it deals much more damage on contact.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Corruptors can be fairly powerful when just starting Hardmode, so they should not be underestimated.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It leaves behind an afterimage as it moves, much like a set of Necro armor or The Twins boss.
- The Vile Spit projectile was once able to spread Corruption, giving the Corruptor its name. However, this feature was removed in an update.
- Despite its name, the melee weapon Scourge of the Corruptor is not dropped by the Corruptor.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Can now drop its own respective banner. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Can now drop its own respective banner. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.