|Type||Accessory – Crafting material|
|Tooltip||Throws a counterweight after hitting an enemy with a yoyo|
|Buy / Sell||5 / 1|
|Internal Item ID: 3309-3314|
|Desktop-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the desktop version of Terraria.|
A Counterweight is an accessory sold by the Traveling Merchant and the Skeleton Merchant. They fire a second yoyo-type projectile after hitting an enemy with a Yoyo that travels towards the Yoyo, then arcs over the player.
There are 6 variants, and all function identically. Counterweights can also be used to craft a Yoyo Bag.
Variants[edit | edit source]
From Traveling Merchant[edit | edit source]
| Black Counterweight
Internal Item ID: 3309
| Yellow Counterweight
Internal Item ID: 3314
From Skeleton Merchant[edit | edit source]
| Blue Counterweight
Internal Item ID: 3310
|5||During Moon phase 1(full), 5(new).|
| Red Counterweight
Internal Item ID: 3311
|5||During Moon phase 2, 6.|
| Purple Counterweight
Internal Item ID: 3312
|5||During Moon phase 3, 7.|
| Green Counterweight
Internal Item ID: 3313
|5||During Moon phase 4, 8.|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Multiple equipped Counterweights do not stack. Only one will function at a time.
- The particular color equipped will display on a character, unlike the Yoyo Bag, which shows a random color.
- Does not stack with the Yoyo Bag.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Counterweights are real-world yo-yo accessories used to aid in tricks where the yo-yo is swung from the middle of the string rather than its end. Real-world counterweights are often patterned after (or made out of) polyhedral dice, and Terraria's follow suit: the Blue and Red Counterweights are four-sided dice, the Purple and Green Counterweights are six-sided dice, and the Black and Yellow Counterweights are twelve-sided dice.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
| Armor • Accessories ( Combat) • Vanity ( Accessories • Dyes) Equipable Items: |