A Counterweight is an accessory sold by the Traveling Merchant and the Skeleton Merchant. It fires a second yoyo-type projectile after hitting an enemy with a Yoyo, dealing the same damage of the Yoyo and traveling towards it, then arcing over the player.
There are 6 variants, all functioning identically.
Variants[edit | edit source]
From Traveling Merchant[edit | edit source]
From Skeleton Merchant[edit | edit source]
|During Moon phase 1 (full), 5 (new).|
|During Moon phase 2 , 6 .|
|During Moon phase 3 , 7 .|
|During Moon phase 4 , 8 .|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Multiple equipped Counterweights do not stack. Only one will function at a time.
- The particular color equipped will display on a character, unlike the Yoyo Bag, which shows a random color.
- A Counterweight does not stack with the Yoyo Bag.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Counterweights are real-world yo-yo accessories used to aid in tricks where the yo-yo is swung from the middle of the string rather than its end. Real-world counterweights are often patterned after (or made out of) polyhedral dice, and Terraria's follow suit: the Blue and Red Counterweights are four-sided (tetrahedral) dice, the Purple and Green Counterweights are six-sided (cubic/hexahedral) dice, and the Black and Yellow Counterweights are twelve-sided (dodecahedral) dice.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.