Crawdads are enemies found in the Cavern layer. They act like Crabs, walking along the ground and jumping at the player when in close enough proximity, though they are slightly faster. They are also capable of moving through water unhindered.
Crawdads are unique in that their ability to spawn is connected to two other enemies: the Salamander and the Giant Shelly. Of these three enemies, a world will choose two types that it can spawn, leaving the third inaccessible. Crawdads will never spawn in a world that features both Salamanders and Giant Shellies together.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like their aforementioned analogs, Salamanders, Giant Shellys and Crawdads have multiple colored variants. Also like said analogs, these differently colored variants are statistically identical, unlike various Zombie variants.
- In real life crawdads, also called Crayfish, are a type of small, freshwater lobster.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()