|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||24 Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons a cloud to rain blood on your foes|
- Blood Cloud Moving
- Blood Cloud Raining
- Blood Rain
The Crimson Rod is a magic weapon that launches a reddish rain cloud towards the cursor, where it rains blood droplets downward onto enemies below. The cloud projectile does not pass through terrain, instead stopping if it hits a surface before it reaches its target location. As well, its coverage area is rather narrow, making it difficult to use in open areas or against agile foes. The droplets pass through all enemies, and the droplets fall for around 20 blocks or until they hit a solid object. Thus, it can be used to great effect against larger foes and clustered enemies, if you can lure them into the rainfall and attack them with another weapon while they are still taking rain damage.
The Crimson Rod deals no knockback.
Its best Modifier is Demonic. Mystic is also useful, because of the lower mana cost.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Crimson Rod is the counterpart to the Corruption's Vilethorn, as the Vilethorn is the magic weapon drop from Shadow Orbs and also pierces infinitely many enemies.
- Spawning the cloud directly above a one-block thick floor will allow the rain to pass through the block, hitting enemies below it.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Crimson Rod can be good at taking out large groups of enemies or Events, such as: Goblin Army, Blood Moon.
- The Crimson Rod can be used for passive farming in the Ocean if you have the Flipper as well. Simply swim up and down underneath the shower and let enemies come to you. They will try to follow you and get rained on. This works even better if you have a Battle Potion and the Breathing Reed or a Water Candle.
- If cast downward at a one-tile thick floor, the rain droplets will pass through the floor. This can be useful for attacking enemies without allowing them to reach you.
- If you combine with the slowdown effect of liquid, this can be a good way to defend yourself. However, keep in mind that this strategy will not work with the Old One's Army as they cannot be slowed by any effect.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.