|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Use time||24 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a cloud to rain blood on your foes|
- Blood Cloud Moving
- Blood Cloud Raining
- Blood Rain
The Crimson Rod is a magic weapon that launches a reddish rain cloud towards the cursor, where it rains blood droplets downward onto enemies below. The cloud projectile does not pass through terrain, instead stopping if it hits a surface before it reaches its target location. As well, its coverage area is rather narrow, making it difficult to use in open areas or against agile foes. The droplets pass through all enemies, and the droplets fall for around 20 blocks or until they hit a solid object.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spawning the cloud directly above a one-block thick floor will allow the rain to pass through the block, hitting enemies below it.
- Once placed, the cloud will remain for 1 minute (The same time as the Nimbus Rod).
- Only 1 cloud can be placed at a time.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Crimson Rod can be good at taking out large groups of enemies, especially during events, such as the Goblin Army or Blood Moon.
- For maximizing DPS, the arena should be flooded, since liquids slow enemies down, allowing more raindrops to hit them. Note that Old One's Army enemies cannot be slowed down by any means.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Crimson Rod is the counterpart to the Corruption's Vilethorn, as the Vilethorn is the magic weapon drop from Shadow Orbs and also pierces infinitely many enemies.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now be dropped at a 1 in 30 (3.33%) chance as the main loot item from Crimson Crates.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Can now be dropped at a 1 in 30 (3.33%) chance as the main loot item from Crimson Crates. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Can now be dropped at a 1 in 30 (3.33%) chance as the main loot item from Crimson Crates. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Can now be dropped at a 1 in 30 (3.33%) chance as the main loot item from Crimson Crates.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.