|Placeable||(1 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
Crimtane Ore is a pre-Hardmode ore. It is The Crimson counterpart to The Corruption's Demonite Ore, and will not appear naturally in Corruption worlds. It can be found very rarely in small veins Underground in worlds that contain Crimson, however larger quantities can be obtained from the Brain of Cthulhu boss, and from the Eye of Cthulhu (only in worlds containing Crimson). Crimtane Ore emits a faint red glow when placed, similar to Demonite Ore.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Crimtane Ore does not spread the Crimson. This rule applies both to the pre-Hardmode and Hardmode stages.
- While Demonite Ore can be found in large groups in Corrupt chasms, Crimtane Ore does not have a boosted rate in Crimson chasms.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Crimtane Ore, and its counterpart Demonite Ore, can be mined extremely early-game with Bombs, though because they are both very rare this is not a very viable method to gather any appreciable amount.
- If one is looking to make money, selling the Crimtane Ore dropped by the Eye of Cthulhu and Brain of Cthulhu will lead to considerable amounts of gold. This method works at any point in the game, and actually gets faster the more the player progresses.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Crafting recipe changed to 3 Crimtane ore instead of 4 Crimtane ore.
- Now used in the Crimtane Brick recipe.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.2.1: No Longer requires a Deathbringer Pickaxe or over to mine.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.