We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|Type||Accessory • Crafting material|
|Tooltip||Increases length of invincibility after taking damage|
- Internal Item ID: 554
The Cross Necklace is a Hardmode accessory that doubles the duration of the invincibility a player is afforded after taking damage, from ~0.66 seconds to ~1.33 seconds. The Cross Necklace has a 14.29% (1/7) chance to be dropped by Mimics.
The Cross Necklace is useful in Hardmode boss fights, and any other scenario where the player is likely to be hit rapidly.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Star Veil and Cross Necklace invincibility effects do not stack.
- The Cross Necklace will stack with the Black Belt or Master Ninja Gear to extend the dodge invincibility period by 2/3 second to a full 2 seconds.
- One can become invincible if they create an invincibility chamber using a Slime Statue and a Heart Statue wired to a 1 second timer in an enclosed room and wear a cross necklace. By having the Blue Slimes hit you constantly, the cross necklace gives you almost constant invincibility.
- The invincibility is effective in PvP.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item may be a reference to the Cross Necklace in the first Castlevania game, having nearly the same image and making the player invincible for a short duration.
- It bears resemblance to a Catholic Rosary.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 18.104.22.168. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 22.214.171.124. ()
- Console 1.02: Can now be combined with the Star Cloak to craft the Star Veil.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 126.96.36.199.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Sprite updated to match Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Can now be combined with the Star Cloak to craft the Star Veil.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, can be combined with the Star Cloak to craft the Star Veil.