|Tooltip||Increases length of invincibility after taking damage|
- Internal Item ID: 554
The Cross Necklace is a Hardmode accessory that doubles the duration of the invincibility a player is afforded after taking damage, from ~0.66 seconds to ~1.33 seconds. The Cross Necklace has a 14.29% (1/7) chance to be dropped by Mimics.
The Cross Necklace is useful in Hardmode boss fights, and any other scenario where the player is likely to be hit rapidly.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Star Veil and Cross Necklace invincibility effects do not stack.
- The Cross Necklace will stack with the Black Belt, Master Ninja Gear, Brain of Confusion, and the Holy Protection buff to extend the dodge invincibility period by 2/3 second to a full 2 seconds.
- One can become invincible if they create an invincibility chamber using a Slime Statue and a Heart Statue wired to a 1 second timer in an enclosed room and wear a cross necklace. By having the Blue Slimes hit you constantly, the cross necklace gives you almost constant invincibility.
- The invincibility is effective in PvP.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item may be a reference to the Cross Necklace in the first Castlevania game, having nearly the same image and making the player invincible for a short duration.
- It bears resemblance to a Catholic Rosary.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Inventory sprite updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 18.104.22.168. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 22.214.171.124. ()
- Console 1.02: Can now be combined with the Star Cloak to craft the Star Veil.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 126.96.36.199.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Sprite updated to match Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Can now be combined with the Star Cloak to craft the Star Veil.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, can be combined with the Star Cloak to craft the Star Veil.