|Type||Accessory – Crafting material|
|Tooltip||Increases length of invincibility after taking damage|
- Internal Item ID: 554
The Cross Necklace is a Hardmode accessory that doubles the duration of the invincibility a player is afforded after taking damage, from 2/3 of a second to 4/3 seconds. The Cross Necklace has a 14.29% (1/7) chance to be dropped by Mimics.
The Cross Necklace is useful in Hardmode boss fights, and any other scenario where the player is likely to be hit rapidly.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Star Veil and Cross Necklace invincibility effects do not stack.
- The Cross Necklace will stack with the Black Belt or Master Ninja Gear to extend the dodge invincibility period by 2/3 second to a full 2 seconds.
- One can become invincible if they create an invincibility chamber using a Slime Statue and a Heart Statue wired to a 1 second timer in an enclosed room and wear a cross necklace. By having the Blue Slimes hit you constantly, the cross necklace gives you almost constant invincibility.
- The invincibility is effective in PvP.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item may be a reference to the Cross Necklace in the first Castlevania game, having nearly the same image and making the player invincible for a short duration.
- It bears resemblance to a Catholic Rosary.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Can now be combined with the Star Cloak to form the Star Veil.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.