Crystal Assassin armor
Crystal Assassin armor is an armor set which consists of the Crystal Assassin Hood, Crystal Assassin Shirt, and the Crystal Assassin Pants. The armor set applies non-class specific bonuses, useful for those who do not want to play a single class.
A full set of Crystal Assassin armor provides the following benefits:
- +36 defense
- +15% damage
- +15% critical strike chance
- +20% / +25% movement speed
- -10% mana cost
- +20% ammo conservation
- +10% melee speed
- Ability to dash
Set[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the respectable defense and stat boosts this set gives, as well as the fact that the armor set is relatively easy to obtain at the beginning of Hardmode, this is a viable alternative to Hardmode ore sets.
- In Expert Mode, the dash may be used as a replacement for the Shield of Cthulhu, or even the Master Ninja Gear's dash, thus effectively saving up an accessory slot which could be used to boost DPS above the levels of even Hallowed armor or any other purposes.
- This set has bonuses similar to Mythril armor with the Mythril Helmet (which provides 37 defense, 13% melee critical strike chance, and 15% melee damage, no bonuses to movement speed), except its modifiers apply to all types of damage. Compared to the other Mythril headgear, it provides generally better DPS with much better defense.
- This makes the Crystal Assassin armor essentially have the major benefits of all Mythril armor sets at once, in addition to faster movement speed.
- The Adamantite armor and Titanium armor sets all have better DPS in their class and defense close to or higher than the Crystal Assassin armor. This being said, in Expert Mode, the dash may be used as a replacement for the Shield of Cthulhu, or even the Master Ninja Gear's dash, thus effectively saving up an accessory slot which could be used to boost DPS above the levels of even Hallowed armor or any other purposes.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The curved horns featured on the helmet resemble the horns of some types of kabuto, commonly known as samurai helmets.
- This is the last set of armor that is dropped directly by a certain boss or enemies. This trait is shared with the Ninja armor, Ancient Cobalt armor and Ancient Shadow armor.
- The helmet and set bonus have the only tooltips in the game that refer to a critical hit as a "crit" rather than a "critical strike".
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Added 10% mana cost reduction to the hood.
- Added 20% ammo cost reduction to the shirt. The tooltip states that the bonus is 10%.
- Added 10% melee speed increase to the pants.
- Removed the 15% movement speed increase set bonus, but increased the movement bonus on the pants from 10% to 20% (5% less in total).
- New set bonus: Players wearing the full set can now dash.
- Changed "crit" in the tooltip of the shirt and in the set bonus to "critical strike".
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced.