|It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Life Crystal.|
A Crystal Heart is a background object that drops a Life Crystal when broken with a pickaxe, drill, or explosive. Crystal Hearts can be found naturally placed in any area in the Underground layer and below, though they are fairly uncommon. They cannot be found in the The Underworld or the Dungeon, unless on Old-gen console. In very rare cases, Crystal Hearts can also be found on the surface.Verify
Life Crystals are used to increase a player's maximum health capacity by 20 health.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The maximum number of Crystal Hearts that can generate is 100 on a small world, 230 on a medium world, and 403 on a large world. Occasionally, a Crystal Heart will fail to generate causing there to be slightly fewer than the maximum number in the world, but the total will not exceed these numbers.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- An easy way to find Crystal Hearts is by using a Spelunker Potion, as they are highlighted by the Spelunker buff.
- The Underground Jungle is a good place to look for Crystal Hearts, due to the large amounts of open space. The Ice biome and Underground Glowing Mushroom biomes may be a less dangerous alternative.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Crystal Hearts are one of the few tiles which still obviously borrow from the Stone Block texture, even in the final game version. Other blocks which did this, such as Ebonstone/Pearlstone prior to 1.2 or all original ores prior to 22.214.171.124, eventually had their textures revamped.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]