|Use time||29 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Shoots an explosive crystal charge|
- Crystal Charge 1
- Crystal Charge 2
The Crystal Serpent is a Hardmode magic weapon that is obtained by fishing in The Hallow in any layer. It fires a magical pink projectile that shatters into three to five smaller sparks upon impact with an enemy or solid block, each of which deals anywhere from half to equal damage to the initial blast (20–40). These sparks are affected by gravity and ricochet against solid blocks, lasting one second before disappearing. When fired at a one-block-thick wall, one of the splash projectiles has a chance of passing through to the other side.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As the Crystal Serpent is acquired by fishing and has no other prerequisites to appear, it can be obtained at the beginning of Hardmode with little effort.
- Due its area-of-effect damage, it is effective against crowds, large, slow enemies, and bosses.
- Despite being an early Hardmode weapon, combined with good armor it can remain powerful even into mid to late Hardmode. Because of its splash damage effect, it can be very effective against Plantera in its second phase, and can easily defeat Golem. It is feasible to take on Duke Fishron, although this would require skilled movement.
- When used with the damage mode of Spectre armor, each shard can trigger its homing projectiles, greatly increasing the damage per second.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.