Crystal Vile Shard
|Damage||25 / 19 (Magic)|
|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
|Use time||33 (Slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons a massive crystal spike|
Ignores 10 points of enemy Defense
- Crystal Vile Shard Head
- Crystal Vile Shard Shaft
The Crystal Vile Shard is a Hardmode magic weapon that is an upgraded version of the Vilethorn and a precursor to the Nettle Burst. It fires a larger, colorful, crystalline version of the Vilethorn's spear projectile, piercing through blocks and enemies. It has a 25% chance to be dropped by Hallowed Mimics.
Like the Nettle Burst, the Crystal Vile Shard ignores up to 10 of the target's defense.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, the Crystal Vile Shard always spawns 7-8 shaft projectiles, followed by one head projectile. The head deals 125% of the weapon's damage and knockback (31 base damage and 3.75 base knockback (Weak)). Each projectile has a length of two tiles, hence the weapon has a range of 16-18 tiles.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the weapon's low base damage, it is relatively ineffective against many enemies that spawn in Hardmode, which often have 30+ defense. Inflicting the Ichor debuff beforehand may help somewhat, though it is still advised to find alternatives.
- This problem is somewhat alleviated by its 10 defense penetration.
- It is very effective against enemies with multiple segments like The Destroyer, as it can damage many segments at once, especially if you attack quickly where all its part are when it spawns, but it might be dangerous to use it to attack it as the range of this weapon is relatively short for a magic weapon. Do note that its ability to stunlock certain enemies with its repeated knockback can somewhat compensate for its lack of range and relatively low damage.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Vilethorn, a similar, pre-Hardmode weapon dropped from Shadow Orbs.
- Nettle Burst, a similar weapon dropped from Plantera.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Now ignores up to 10 enemy defense.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Damage increased from 19 to 25.
- The duration that the projectiles linger (and deal damage) is increased by roughly 70%
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed projectiles making liquid ripples when they shouldn't.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]