Crystal Vile Shard
|Type||Weapon – Drop|
|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||32 Slow|
|Tooltip||Summons a massive crystal spike|
- Internal Item ID: 3051
The Crystal Vile Shard is a Hardmode magic weapon that is an upgraded version of the Vilethorn and a precursor to the Nettle Burst. It fires a larger, colorful crystalline version of the Vilethorn's spear projectile, piercing through blocks and enemies. It has a 25% chance to be dropped by Hallowed Mimics.
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the weapon's low base damage, it is relatively ineffective against many enemies that spawn in Hardmode, which often have 30+ defense. Inflicting the Ichor debuff may help somewhat, though it is still advised to find alternatives.
- It is very effective against the Destroyer as it can damage many segments at once.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Crystal Vile Shard appears not to have a fixed crystal size. The size seemingly varies from 15 to 20 tiles.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Nettle Burst, a similar weapon dropped from Plantera.
- Vilethorn, a similar, pre-Hardmode weapon dropped from Shadow Orbs.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()