Crystal Vile Shard
|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||33 Slow|
|Tooltip||Summons a massive crystal spike|
- Crystal Vile Shard Head
- Crystal Vile Shard Shaft
The Crystal Vile Shard is a Hardmode magic weapon that is an upgraded version of the Vilethorn and a precursor to the Nettle Burst. It fires a larger, colorful, crystalline version of the Vilethorn's spear projectile, piercing through blocks and enemies. It has a 25% chance to be dropped by Hallowed Mimics.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, the Crystal Vile Shard always spawns 7-8 shaft projectiles, followed by one head projectile. The head deals 125% of the weapon's damage and knockback (31 base damage and 3.75 base knockback (Weak)). Each projectile has a length of two tiles, hence the weapon has a range of 16-18 tiles.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the weapon's low base damage, it is relatively ineffective against many enemies that spawn in Hardmode, which often have 30+ defense. Inflicting the Ichor debuff beforehand may help somewhat, though it is still advised to find alternatives.
- It is very effective against enemies with multiple segments like The Destroyer, as it can damage many segments at once.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Vilethorn, a similar, pre-Hardmode weapon dropped from Shadow Orbs.
- Nettle Burst, a similar weapon dropped from Plantera.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Damage increased from 19 to 25.
- The duration that the projectiles linger (and deal damage) is increased by roughly 70%
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]