Crystal Hearts are background objects that drop one Life Crystal each when broken with a pickaxe, drill, or explosives. They can be found naturally placed in any area in the Underground layer and below, though they are fairly uncommon. Crystal Hearts cannot be found in the The Underworld or the Dungeon. Crystal hearts can also be found on the surface, though very rarely.
Life Crystals are used to increase a player's health capacity by 1 red heart, or 20 health. It also heals you by the same amount on use. Health capacity cannot be increased using Life Crystals once the player already has a capacity of 400 health, at which point only Life Fruit can further increase it to 500. Life Crystals can still be used thereafter in crafting Heart Lanterns, or can perhaps be sold for coins.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Underground Jungle is a good place to look for Crystal Hearts, due to the large amounts of open space.
- If one is not willing to risk death in the Underground Jungle one can look in the Cavern or Underground Snow, but be watchful for Spiked Ice Slime.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
|Heart Breaker • "Discover and smash your first heart crystal underground."|
|Find and break a Crystal Heart.|
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.