|Multiple pages share the title or description of "Cthulhu". They are listed below.|
|The article you are looking for may be listed here. If not, you may want to perform a new search.|
|If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.|
While Cthulhu itself never made an appearance, a number of enemies and items in Terraria include direct and indirect references to Cthulhu.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
- – One of the first bosses that will be faced by the player. Game lore states that it is one of the vital organs ripped out from Cthulhu when he was defeated.
- The Crimson. – According to the official game lore, while the Mechanic has almost finished recreating Cthulhu, his complete restoration would require a brain. The brain in question is the Brain of Cthulhu, one of the vital organs ripped off when he was defeated. Also, the lore claims that only "chunks" of the brain was ripped out, meaning that the Brain of Cthulhu is one of the fragments of the actual unseen brain, which can be presumed to be much larger than the Brain of Cthulhu – The pre-Hardmode boss of
- Dungeon. – According to the official game lore, Skeletron originally was a part of Cthulhu's skeleton that the Dryads ripped from him. – The pre-Hardmode boss that guards the entrance to the
- – According to the official game lore, the Mechanic was forced by the Lunatic Cultist to rebuild a mechanical version of Cthulhu to replace the vital organs that were ripped from him before his disappearance. It is likely that the three mechanical bosses are the mechanical parts of Cthulhu's organs. –
- – The final boss in the game. It resembles common depictions of Cthulhu.
Bosses' servants[edit | edit source]
- – A minion summoned by the Eye of Cthulhu.
- – An invincible enemy summoned by Moon Lord.
- – A minion summoned by the Lunatic Cultist. It resembles Cthulhu's head and is also reminiscent of the head of Moon Lord.
Items[edit | edit source]
- Plantera yoyo dropped by Mothron during a Solar Eclipse, referencing the namesake boss. – A post-
- Expert mode-exclusive item dropped by the Eye of Cthulhu. – An
- Demon Eye. – A quest item for the Angler. It resembles a
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Duke Fishron. It is mostly irrelevant to Cthulhu himself save for the name. – A larger version of the Sharknado summoned by
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cthulhu was a possible boss. The development team was considering its addition at one point, but he was replaced by Moon Lord.
- The official game lore stated that, before the events of the game, Cthulhu did exist in the world and almost destroyed it, before an ancient race of Dryads defeated him at the cost of almost their entire race. Cthulhu was not killed, but was crippled when a few organs were ripped from him. After that, he retreats to the Moon and plans for another attack. (Which contributes to proving his relevancy with Moon Lord.)
- The Lunatic Cultist plans on restoring Cthulhu and has forced the Mechanic to forge mechanical organs of Cthulhu. However, since she has never completed the mechanical brain, the restored Cthulhu cannot function, and thus, he never appeared again.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the concept art, he is missing one of his eyes, presumably because the missing eye became the Eye of Cthulhu boss.