This article is about the crafting material. For the magic weapon, see Cursed Flames. For the debuff, see Cursed Inferno.
Cursed Flame is a Hardmode crafting material, whose Crimson counterpart is Ichor. It is dropped by World Feeders, Vile Ghouls and Clingers, all of which can be found in The Corruption. It can also be found in Defiled Crates
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Cursed Flames ( )||Bookcase|
|Cursed Flames ( )|
|Cursed Dart (100)||By Hand|
|Cursed Torch (33)|
|Living Cursed Fire Block (20)||Crystal Ball|
|Flask of Cursed Flames ( )||Imbuing Station|
|Flask of Cursed Flames ( )|
|Cursed Arrow (150) ( )||Mythril Anvil|
|Cursed Arrow (35) ( )|
|Cursed Bullet (150) ( )|
|Cursed Bullet (50) ( )|
total: 11 row(s)
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If players create an artificial Corruption biome in a Crimson world, they may obtain Cursed Flames. One might simply bring it from another world as a solution. As of the 1.4 update, it is possible to obtain Cursed Flames in a Crimson world without the use of creating another world. To do so, one must buy Corrupt Seeds from the Dryad in Hardmode while in a Graveyard and let it spread anywhere in the world to create an artificial Corrupt biome, giving access to Cursed Flames.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Cursed Flame may be based on Greek Fire, an Ancient Greek substance that was able to burn almost anywhere, and was used in naval warfare.
- It also may be based on the cursed green flames from The Festival, a short story by H. P. Lovecraft.
- Spazmatism can shoot Cursed Flames, but it won't drop any.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.