|Damage||36 / 35 Magic|
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons unholy fire balls|
|Debuff tooltip||Losing life|
- Cursed Flame (friendly)
- This article is about the magic weapon. For the crafting material, see Cursed Flame.
The Cursed Flames is a Hardmode magic weapon that auto-fires ricocheting green fireballs that move quite similarly to those from the Flower of Fire or Flower of Frost, are affected by gravity, and set enemies on fire with the Cursed Inferno debuff.
Cursed Flames auto-fires at a rate of about three (3.16) per second. Its fireballs can ricochet four times, dissipating on their fifth impact, or pierce four times, dissipating on the fifth enemy hit. Unlike most ricocheting projectiles, the Cursed Flames's fireballs actually gain velocity with each ricochet. They are also highly luminous, and can travel through Water without slowing, making them useful for cave exploration.
Crafting the Cursed Flames requires ingredients found only in worlds containing Corruption, so it cannot be obtained in worlds containing Crimson unless the materials needed to craft it are transferred over or the Corruption is artificially created.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cursed Flames is worse in terms of damage done per hit than the Flower of Fire, but it inflicts a much stronger debuff, can hit multiple times per shot, and can be obtained on all Corruption worlds.
- This attack is also used by Spazmatism.
- There are more enemies with immunity to Cursed Inferno than ones immune to Ichor, while all enemies immune to Ichor are immune to Cursed Inferno.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Damage slightly increased from 35 to 36.
- Crafting requirement of reduced from 30 to 20.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Mana use lowered from 14 to 12.
- Desktop 1.2: Crafting requirements reduced from 20 to 15 Souls of Night, and pierce buffed from 2 to 5.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.