|Damage||50 / 36 / 35 (Magic)|
|Mana||9 / 12|
|Use time||15 (Very fast) /|
20 (Very fast)
|Tooltip||Summons unholy fire balls|
- Cursed Flame (friendly)
The Cursed Flames is a Hardmode magic weapon that auto-fires ricocheting green fireballs that move quite similarly to those from the Flower of Fire or Flower of Frost, are affected by gravity, and set enemies on fire with the Cursed Inferno debuff.
Cursed Flames auto-fires at a rate of about three (3.16) per second. Its fireballs can ricochet four times, dissipating on their fifth impact, and pierce enemies two times, dissipating on the second enemy hit. They are also highly luminous, and can travel through water without slowing, making them useful for cave exploration.
Crafting the Cursed Flames requires ingredients found only in worlds containing Corruption, however, you can get Corrupt Seeds on Crimson worlds from the Dryad, allowing the ability to build an artificial Corruption biome and farm the resources.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Cursed Flames's ricocheting, combined with its piercing ability, means that it is possible to hit an enemy twice by bouncing the projectile into an enemy that has been hit before.
- A projectile that may not initially hit the intended target might hit it after ricocheting off of a surface due to the fact that it bounces four times without losing its velocity.
- With the ability to bounce and pierce, the Cursed Flames are especially effective against Skeletron Prime, as they can damage multiple limbs and the head at a time. Note that Skeletron Prime's limbs are vulnerable to the Cursed Inferno debuff.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cursed Flames does more damage per hit than the Flower of Fire, inflicts a much stronger debuff, can hit multiple times per shot, and can be obtained on all Corruption worlds.
- The attack of the Cursed Flames is similar to that of the one Spazmatism uses in its first form.
- There are less enemies with immunity to Cursed Inferno than ones immune to Ichor, while all enemies immune to Cursed Inferno are immune to Ichor.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Damage increased from 36 to 50.
- Use time decreased from 20 to 15.
- Mana cost decreased from 12 to 9.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Damage increased from 35 to 36.
- Crafting requirement of Cursed Flame reduced from 30 to 20.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Mana use lowered from 14 to 12.
- Desktop 1.2: Crafting requirements reduced from 20 to 15 Souls of Night.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.