We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
The Cursed Hammer is a rare Hardmode enemy that spawns in the Underground Corruption. It hovers and spins before flying at the player, traveling through any blocks to reach them. Any knockback stops its attack, forcing it to pause and spin up again. It can inflict the Cursed debuff.
On the Console version and Mobile version, the Shadow Hammer acts as an exclusive version of the Cursed Hammer, which features increased damage and defense, as well as the chance to drop Hardmode ore bars.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As with other enemies with the ability to pass through tiles, Cursed Hammers cannot spawn if the player is standing in front of valid housing walls.
- The Enchanted Sword is the Hallowed counterpart to the Cursed Hammer, and the Crimson Axe is the Crimson counterpart. All three use the same AI, and have the same attacks and vulnerabilities. They differ only in appearance, the biomes they appear in, and their drops. Notably, neither of these enemies has a Console and Mobile exclusive variant akin to the Shadow Hammer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Cursed Hammer, and by extension the Shadow Hammer, is the only one of the three cursed weapon enemies, to use a sprite not based on an existing weapon.
- In the Mobile Version, the Cursed Hammer and Shadow Hammer drop random items, like Nature's Gift, Silver Chandelier, etc.
See Also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- 1.2: Can now drop the Nazar.
- 1.1: Introduced.