The Cursed Hammer is a rare Hardmode enemy that spawns in the Underground Corruption. It hovers and spins before flying toward the player, traveling through any blocks to reach them. Any knockback stops its attack, forcing it to pause and spin up again. It can inflict the Cursed debuff.
On the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and , the Shadow Hammer acts as an exclusive version of the Cursed Hammer, which features increased damage and defense, as well as the chance to drop versionHardmode ore bars.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As with other enemies with the ability to pass through tiles, Cursed Hammers cannot spawn if the player is standing in front of valid housing walls.
- The Enchanted Sword is the Hallowed counterpart to the Cursed Hammer, and the Crimson Axe is the Crimson counterpart. All three use the same AI, and have the same attacks and vulnerabilities. They differ only in appearance, the biomes they appear in, and their drops. Notably, neither of these enemies has a Old-gen console, Mobile, and exclusive variant akin to the Shadow Hammer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Cursed Hammer, and by extension the Shadow Hammer, is the only one of the three cursed weapon enemies to use a sprite not based on an existing weapon.
- In Mobile and versions, the Cursed Hammer and Shadow Hammer drop random items, like Nature's Gift or Silver Chandelier.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Can now drop the Nazar.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.