The Cursed Hammer is a rare Hardmode enemy which spawns in the Underground Corruption. It hovers and spins before lunging at the player, traveling through any blocks to reach them. Any knockback stops its attack, forcing it to pause and spin up again. It can inflict the Cursed debuff.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like most other enemies with the ability to pass through tiles, Cursed Hammers are unable to spawn if the player is standing in front of valid housing walls.
- Like most other Corruption enemies, Cursed Hammers can also spawn on top of Corrupt grass, Ebonstone, Ebonsand, or Purple Ice. They can do so even if the player is not specifically in a Corruption biome.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Arkhalis or Terragrim is an excellent weapon to deal with this enemy, as even a single hit forces to recharge its spin. In effect, the Arkhalis can act as a shield surrounding the player, completely impassable by the Cursed Hammer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On the version, the Cursed Hammer and Shadow Hammer drop random items, like Nature's Gift or Silver Chandelier.Verify
- Out of the three Flying Weapon enemies, the Cursed Hammer is the only one with a sprite not based on an existing item. Furthermore, it is the only one to feature an exclusive variant.
- The Bestiary entry for the Cursed Hammer: "Magicked through the pure hatred of the Corruption, this weapon flails about attempting to smash anything that breathes."
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Can now drop the Nazar.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed Shadow Hammer. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed Shadow Hammer. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced both variants.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Removed Shadow Hammer.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced both variants.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced both variants.