We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|Type||Undead Enemy • Flying Enemy|
|AI Type||Cursed Skull AI|
|Damage||35 / 70 (62)|
|Max Life||40 / 80 (88)|
|KB Resist||80% / 82%|
The Cursed Skull (and the Dragon Skull on Old-gen console and ) is a flying enemy found only in the Dungeon. It is similar to the Meteor Head, with high damage, slow speed, and the ability to travel through tiles. It floats slowly towards the player, occasionally stopping to float in a circle around them for a while, before suddenly lunging forward to attack, similar to the Eye of Cthulhu. When striking a player, the Cursed Skull has a small chance to apply the Cursed debuff. This renders the player unable to use items, including Weapons, Potions, and Grappling Hooks, making it very difficult to avoid further damage.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Cursed Skulls can be attacked through walls with melee weapons. Weapons with long range like Spears work well. This may, however, result in drops being trapped inside of the wall beyond the player's reach.
- Cursed Skulls and Dragon Skulls can, rather rarely, drop more than 3/6 Bones when defeated.
- Cursed Skulls are effective enemies to farm for the Nazar, since they spawn more often than the few other enemies that also drop it. This should preferably be done in Pre-Hardmode, since it is more difficult to obtain in Hardmode.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Dragon Skulls are colored according to the color of bricks of the Dungeon. If the Dungeon has pink bricks, Dragon Skulls will be orange. Green brick will result in green Dragon Skulls spawning, and blue Dragon Skulls spawn only in Dungeons made of blue bricks.
- After Plantera is defeated, a similar enemy will spawn, the Giant Cursed Skull.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Does not make a splash sound when hitting water now.
- Can now pass through walls.
- Life increased from 30 to 40, damage increased from 25 to 35, defense decreased from 30 to 6.
- Name changed from Burning Skull to Cursed Skull.
- Sprite modified, flaming animation removed.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed Dragon Skull. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed Dragon Skull. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Removed Dragon Skull.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.