|Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert mode and Expert mode worlds.|
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Attracts a legendary creature which flourishes in water & combat|
|Buff tooltip||Just don't make it crawl.|
- Not to be confused with Scaly Truffle.
The Shrimpy Truffle is a mount-summon item that spawns Cute Fishron, a miniature rideable Duke Fishron-style mount. The mount can fly and hover indefinitely. It is obtained from Duke Fishron's Treasure Bag in Expert mode.
Cute Fishron has a base flight speed of 33 mph.
Moving through liquids causes Cute Fishron to gain a drastic movement speed bonus of about +150% (to 82 mph, the fastest of any mount in Terraria, being tied with The Black Spot), as well as providing the rider with a +15% damage bonus. These boosts continue for 6 seconds after it leaves liquid, though during this time its speed boost drops to +100% (to 66 mph).
The +100% movement speed boost (66 mph) and +15% damage boost also take effect when the rider's health falls below half.
During contact with any blocks, Cute Fishron's movement speed is drastically lowered to a very slow crawl (5 mph, 10 if boosted). This speed penalty is removed as soon as it loses contact with the blocks.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Any liquid triggers the boost, including lava and honey.
- While Cute Fishron is boosted, its eyes display a glowing effect that fades as the boost expires. The color of the glow matches the water color in the present biome. If the water color in the area is changed via a Water Fountain, Cute Fishron's eyes will become that color. During a Blood Moon, Cute Fishron's eyes glow red everywhere, regardless of the biome.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In addition to the standard intended methods, Cute Fishron's boost can be triggered in other creative ways:
- Use a Water Bucket (or a Bottomless Water Bucket) to pour water over the character while on this mount in midair. The more immersed Cute Fishron is kept, the higher the boost, up to the maximum 82 mph. The water must be used on the player's own body; pouring it over the head or tail of the mount will not work. Note that the water will settle on the surface, creating many small pools.
- Place Bubbles filled with liquid in the world. Ideally, place Honey in these bubbles, as flying through the honey with a Cute Fishron mount not only increases the player's speed and damage, but also regeneration.
- Have another player use the Water Gun on the character, inflicting the Wet debuff.
- Repeatedly use a Rod of Discord to keep the character's health below 50%.
- Due to its outstanding mobility and combat increases while boosted, the mount is highly effective for boss fights. An underwater arena with a Neptune's Shell is a solid setup for many fights.
- This mount works well with the Frozen Turtle Shell, as it allows the player to stay at or below 50% life for the damage and speed boost much more safely.
- Although the UFO Mount is slightly faster (41 mph vs. 33 mph), it cannot be used in liquids, whereas Cute Fishron has an advantage in them.
- Because of the speed penalty for touching blocks, Cute Fishron is not suited for confined spaces.
- Its speed while touching blocks is well suited for placing a line of blocks in front of the player.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tooltip of the Cute Fishron Mount buff, "Just don't make it crawl.", refers to the extreme decrease of mobility on land.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Shrimpy Truffle now gives its increased speed and damage bonus when in the rain.
- Maximum speed reduced to 80 mph.Verify
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed Shrimpy Truffle's mount not allowing the player's head to touch the ceiling.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Added buff name and tooltip.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.