- Internal NPC ID: 209
The Cyborg is an NPC vendor that will appear once Plantera has been defeated at least once in the current world and a vacant house is available. He sells several "high-tech" items, most notably rocket ammunition for launcher weapons.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Rocket I||Always available.|
|Rocket II||During a Blood Moon.|
|Rocket III||During the night or during a Solar Eclipse.|
|Rocket IV||During a Solar Eclipse.|
|Dry Rocket||Always available.|
|Proximity Mine Launcher||Always available.|
|Cluster Rocket I||Always available after defeating the Martian Madness event.|
|Cluster Rocket II||After defeating the Martian Madness event, during a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse.|
|Cyborg Helmet||During Halloween.|
|Cyborg Shirt||During Halloween.|
|Cyborg Pants||During Halloween.|
|HiTek Sunglasses||Always available after defeating the Martian Madness event.|
|Night Vision Helmet||Always available after defeating the Martian Madness event.|
|Portal Gun Station||When the player has a Portal Gun or Portal Gun Station in the inventory.|
|Echo Block||When spoken to in a Graveyard.|
|Spectre Goggles||When spoken to in a Graveyard.|
|Any Pylon||When in a specific biome and is happy enough.|
Living preferences [edit | edit source]
For more information, see NPC happiness.
Names[edit | edit source]
The Cyborg may have any of the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Interaction quotes[edit | edit source]
When Pirate is present:
When Steampunker is present:
When Tavernkeep is present:
During a Party :
During a Windy Day:
During a Thunderstorm:
When in a Graveyard:
Happiness quotes [edit | edit source]
When far from home:
When in a sparse area:
When in a Snow biome:
When in a Jungle:
When near the Pirate:
When near the Steampunker:
When near the Stylist:
When near the Zoologist:
When near the Wizard:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Cyborg is biomechanical and not a robot (true to the name "Cyborg"), as skin can be seen in his hands and face. This is more easy to notice in his old sprite.
- Along with the Traveling Merchant and the Zoologist, the Cyborg is one of the only NPCs that sells a post-Moon Lord item (the Portal Gun Station).
- Almost all of the Cyborg's names are letters in the Greek alphabet. Naming robots and cyborgs with Greek letters is common in science fiction.
- The names Syn-x and A.N.D.Y are likely references to Re-Logic lead developers Whitney "Cenx" Spinks and Andrew "Redigit" Spinks.
- The name A.N.D.Y may also be a reference to Eureka, in which a robotic sheriff is a supporting character.
- The name T-3E0 is most likely a reference to C-3PO, a humanoid robot character from the American epic space-opera media franchise Star Wars.
- The name Niner-7 may be a reference to the character Seven of Nine from the American science fiction television series Star Trek: Voyager.
- The name Fender could be a reference to a robot character of the same name in Futurama.￼
- His quote "My expedition efficiency was critically reduced when a projectile impacted my locomotive actuator." is a reference to the popular "Arrow in the Knee" quote from the action role-playing video game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, where a guard tells the player: "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
- The Zoologist shares a similar quote to the reference above.
- The quote "This sentence is false, or is it?" references a common logical paradox often associated with robots.
- His quote "<Name of Tavernkeep> said I reminded him of a certain "EV2". Perhaps I should meet her." is a reference to the character EV2 in Dungeon Defenders 2.
- On the Old-gen console version, he is summoned by the Queen Statue even though he is not female.
- In the source files of the game, it is found that the Cyborg's light on his head is off when his party hat is on:
- His quote "So that 'punk' lookin' chick is an inventor, eh? I think I could show her a thing or two!" might suggest that he has some interest in the Steampunker.
- Because this quote suggests he doesn't know the Steampunker already, it conflicts with a piece of lore, since the Cyborg's Bestiary entry states that he was created by the Mechanic and the Steampunker.
- However, the Cyborg does not directly say that he knows the Mechanic either, meaning that there may be no memories of the event for him.
- The Bestiary entry for the Cyborg: "The Cyborg was built with the combined efforts of the Mechanic and the Steampunker to aid in rocket science and world defense."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.