This is a Town NPC. A House may be required in order for it to appear.
The Cyborg is a Hardmode NPC that will appear once Plantera has been defeated at least once in the current world, and a vacant house is available. He sells several "high-tech" items.
On the Desktop version, the Cyborg will attack nearby enemies with rockets to defend himself.
The Cyborg may have any of the following names:
- Along with the Traveling Merchant, the Cyborg is the only NPC that sells something post-Moon Lord (Portal Gun Station), making him the only town NPC to sell an end-game item.
- Almost all of the Cyborg's names are letters in the Greek alphabet. Naming robots and cyborgs with Greek letters is common in science fiction.
- The names Syn-x and A.N.D.Y. are likely references to Re-Logic lead developers Whitney "Cenx" Spinks and Andrew "Redigit" Spinks.
- The name T-3E0 is most likely a reference to the Star Wars droid, C-3P0.
- The name Niner-7 may be a reference to the character Seven of Nine from Star Trek: Voyager.
- On the Mobile Version, he is summoned by the Queen Statue.
- In the source files for the game, during a party when he dons a party hat, the image used for him has the light on his head turned off:
- "My expedition efficiency was critically reduced when a projectile impacted my locomotive actuator." (This is a reference to the popular "Arrow in the Knee" quote from the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, where a guard tells you: “I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.”)
- "And then Unit 492-8 said, "Who do you think I am, Unit 472-6?" HA HA HA"
- "I built myself a taste mechanism, so I can drink some ale!"
- "Have you defeated the Wall of [Name of Guide]?" (Reference to the rumor that the Guide is really the Wall of Flesh)
- "This sentence is false , or is it?" [sic] (A common logical paradox often associated with robots).
- "Sometimes I come off a bit... Get it? a bit?"
When Pirate is present:
- "Sure, me and [Name of [Pirate] are pals, but I hate it when his parrot does his business on me. That stuff's corrosive!"
When Steampunker is present:
- "So that "punk" lookin' chick is an inventor, eh? I think I could show her a thing or two!"
When Tavernkeep is present:
- "[Name of Tavernkeep] said I reminded him of a certain "EV2". Perhaps I should meet her."
During a Party
- "This party is going to be nuts, maybe even bolts!"