|Knockback||2.25 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||19 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots arrows from the sky|
- Internal Item ID: 3029
The Daedalus Stormbow is a Hardmode bow which rains arrows down from the sky, instead of firing from the bow itself. It fires three to four arrows per shot, while only consuming a single arrow per shot from the player's inventory. The arrows fall in a wide spread towards the area the cursor was pointed. The Daedalus Stormbow has a 1/4 (25%) chance to be dropped by Hallowed Mimics.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If fired at the top of the map the bow will only shoot one arrow at a time.
- Arrows fired by this bow are irretrievable.
- The closer the cursor is to the bottom of the screen, the more accurate the arrows are, and the closer it is to the top, the less accurate. This allows focusing down a strong enemy or cluster of enemies, or shoot arrows to hit more spread out enemies.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Arrows shot with the Daedalus Stormbow have a tendency to impact and be blocked by terrain or other objects above the target (much like the Starfury). It is therefore best used in wide open areas, especially at the surface, rather than in confined areas.
- The Daedalus Stormbow synergizes tremendously well with Holy Arrows as each arrow fired will summon two stars. This combination is extremely powerful during early Hardmode, especially against large enemies and bosses like the mechanical bosses.
- Due to the fact that the player can fire at enemies from a safe enclosed area, it is a very useful weapon even up to the endgame. For instance, it is a good choice against the Martian Saucer .
- The Magic Quiver's increase in velocity causes arrows from this weapon to fall faster.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Greek mythology, Daedalus was a skillful craftsman and artist and was seen as a symbol of wisdom, knowledge, and power. He invented and built the labyrinth for king Minos of Crete, but shortly after finishing it, king Minos had Daedalus imprisoned within the labyrinth. He and his son Icarus devised a plan to escape by using wings made of wax that Daedalus had invented. They escaped, but Icarus did not heed his father's warnings and flew too close to the sun. The wax melted and Icarus fell to his death.
- The wings that Daedalus crafted were made of feathers and curved to look like those of a bird. Fittingly, the Daedalus Stormbow's limbs appear as a pair of feathery wings.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.