|Knockback||2.25 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||18 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots arrows from the sky|
- Internal Item ID: 3029
The Daedalus Stormbow is a Hardmode bow that rains arrows down from the sky, instead of coming from the bow itself. It fires three or four arrows per shot, while only consuming a single arrow per shot from the player's inventory. The arrows fall in a wide spread towards the area the cursor was pointed. The Daedalus Stormbow has a 1/4 (25%) chance to be dropped by Hallowed Mimics.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Stormbow's projectiles have a tendency to impact and be blocked by terrain or other objects above the target (much like the Starfury). It is therefore best used in wide open areas, especially at the Surface, rather than in confined areas.
- If fired at the top of the map the bow will only shoot one arrow at a time.
- Arrows fired by this bow are never retrievable.
- The closer your cursor is to the bottom of the screen, the more accurate the arrows are, and the closer it is to the top, the less accurate. This allows you to focus down a strong enemy, or cluster of enemies, or shoot Arrows to hit more spread out enemies (though it is less accurate so is not advised and not needed to do so).
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This bow can be incredibly powerful and is useful in early Hardmode when paired with Holy Arrows and can be used against large bosses and enemies, especially the Destroyer. The multiple raining arrows and additional stars easily hit the Destroyer, and the projectiles control the number of the detached Probes and other enemies that spawn.
- The bow can be used against the Martian Saucer and paired with Holy Arrows for more damage, while the player is safely sheltered a few blocks underground.
- When paired with a full set of Frost Armor, this bow will rain down Wooden Arrows that apply Frostburn, which is especially effective with the Endless Quiver's ability to provide unlimited Wooden Arrows.
- The Magic Quiver's increase in velocity causes arrows from this weapon to fall faster.
- Due to the fact that the player can fire at enemies outside while standing in a safe enclosed area, it is a very useful weapon even up to the endgame.
- When paired with the full Frost Armor set and Holy Arrows, the storm can easily take down all 3 Mechanical bosses or potentially up to Duke Fishron.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Greek mythology, Daedalus was a skilled carpenter and inventor, primarily associated with creating the Labyrinth, and later the wings he and his son Icarus used to escape imprisonment. Against his father's warnings, Icarus flew too close to the sun and the wax that held the feathers together melted from the heat, causing him to fall from the sky.
- The wings that Daedalus crafted were made of feathers and curved to look like those of a bird. Fittingly, the Daedalus Stormbow's limbs appear as a pair of feathery wings.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()