Dao of Pow
Dao of Pow
|Damage||100 / 63 / 49 (Melee)|
|Use time||45 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Has a chance to confuse|
'Find your inner pieces'
- The Dao of Pow
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This weapon is hard to obtain. It requires the player to visit both a Corrupted/Crimson Desert and a Hallowed Desert in order to obtain both Shards, and the Underground Crimson/Corruption and Underground Hallow to get both soul variations.
- The Dao of Pow is available early into Hardmode, and is available without defeating any Hardmode bosses, making it a suitable upgrade from late pre-Hardmode weapons.
- While the Confused status can help keep certain enemies at bay, many other enemies are immune to this debuff.
- Like all flails, holding the attack button will cause the head to remain deployed, dealing full damage to enemies that make contact with it.
- The chance to inflict the Confused debuff is calculated once for each attack, meaning that either every enemy hit during one attack sequence will get it or every enemy will not get it.
- All thrown flails are very effective against worm-type enemies. The Dao of Pow, having a good reach and velocity, is notably effective against Wyverns, and a good method of obtaining Souls of Flight.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is one of a small "set" of weapons made with two shards apiece, the other members being the Onyx Blaster and the Sky Fracture. Their recipes, names and appearances link the weapons to themes of Darkness, Light, and Balance, with the Dao of Pow representing Balance. The set also includes one weapon for each of the three "classic" damage types (melee, magic, and ranged), where the Dao of Pow is the melee weapon.
- The Dao of Pow is colored black and white in a Taijitu or "Yin Yang"-style design commonly associated with Daoism. The Chinese word 道 means "way" or "path", and can also mean "philosophy". The word is often romanized to either "tao" or "dao".
- The tooltip is a play on the phrase "Find your inner peace", referring to the inherent objective that Taoists should strive towards.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Damage increased from 63 to 100.
- Functionality of flails reworked.
- Desktop 1.3.3: Projectile sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Inventory sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Damage increased from 49 to 63.
- Desktop 1.1.1: Spelling mistake ("you" instead of "your") in the tooltip corrected.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.