|Coins|140*140Pre-Hardmode: 350*350Hardmode: 560*560
Dark Casters are enemies encountered in the Dungeon. They follow the Caster AI, firing three projectiles before teleporting to another on-screen location. Their water bolt projectiles travel through walls, but can be destroyed with a single hit from any weapon.
Dark Casters are immune to the Poisoned, Venom, and Confused debuffs.
- The Water Spheres reveal the map as they travel, even while traveling through solid blocks. Therefore, Dark Casters can be used to map areas just outside the dungeon walls.
- Water Spheres look nearly identical to the Water Bolt spell. Be careful when using the Water Bolt in the Dungeon, in case the two are mixed up.
- Water Spheres can pass through blocks, while the Water Bolt projectiles cannot. If it passes through blocks, it is a hostile projectile.
- The Bestiary entry for the Dark Caster: "Doomed to watch over the Dungeon, these mages teleport to confuse their prey, before striking them down with a blast of water."
- Desktop 1.0.5: A longer delay was added between the 3-shot volley and the next teleport.