|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Your summons will focus struck enemies|
Strike enemies with dark energy to gain attack speed
Dark energy jumps from enemies hit by summons
- Dark Harvest
Striking an enemy with Dark Harvest applies a "dark energy" aura to the target. Every time a minion attacks that enemy, the dark aura flares out and damages nearby enemies for 10 damage, not affected by armor or damage bonuses (similar to Cool Whip's special minion). The original target takes no additional damage.
Its best modifier is either Sluggish for maximum range, Bulky for a mix between damage and range, or Legendary for maximum damage output at the cost of range.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like the Firecracker and Cool Whip, the Dark Harvest forgoes summon tag damage for a on-hit special effect. This results in it being more effective as a direct weapon, but prevents it from enhancing minion damage.
- The Dark Harvest's debuff does not work on Mourning Wood and Pumpking.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Dark Harvest's high attack speed grant it the third highest DPS of any of the whips behind the Morning Star and Kaleidoscope. With melee speed-boosting accessories, the Dark Harvest is capable of competing with the Morning Star and surpassing it, though this requires specialized builds.
- This is one of the best post-Plantera whips the player can obtain before killing the Empress of Light. However, the Morning Star may be better for a single target, due to its buffs to minion damage and critical strike chance.
- Dark Harvest is an excellent choice for events, as the player can focus on mini-bosses while the dark energy kills nearby, smaller mobs.
- Dark Harvest works better with rapidly-attacking minions like the Xeno Staff than with slower minions.
- Due to the nature of Dark Harvest's Harvest Time buff, switching to another whip while the buff is active will increase its speed for a brief period.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.