I sense a kindred spirit in the Etherian Dark Mages. A pity they are our enemies, I would have liked to learn from them.
The Dark Mage is a mini-boss that spawns in the Old One's Army event during wave 5 in Tier 1 and during waves 4 and 6 in Tier 3. It will freely float a bit above the ground. It randomly chooses between three attacks:
- The Dark Mage summons magical energy, and hurls it directly at the player, dealing high amounts of damage.
- The Dark Mage summons a large rune, which then generates a large area of light that heals hostile NPCs in its range. This attack also appears to heal the Eternia Crystal.
- The Dark Mage begins chanting, and areas of purple energy will appear. After a short moment, Old One's Skeletons will appear from them. This attack cannot be done if there are more than 90 enemies in the world.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Dark Mage will continue to respawn until Wave 5 reaches 99% in Tier 1. This allows him to be farmed by players with late pre-Hardmode and higher gear.
- Like other members of the Old One's Army, the Dark Mage is immune to Teleporters and Lava, and will take half damage from Traps.
- The Dark Mage is restricted to hovering a bit above the ground. It cannot fly upwards, though the skeletons it summons can.
- Two pet eggs, the Gato Egg and Dragon Egg drop from this mini-boss; however, the Creeper Egg light pet drops from Ogre.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The pet drops from the Dark Mage in T1 are one of the highest drop chances for any pet items from enemies, beaten out only by the Bone Key from the Dungeon Guardian.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Dark Mages at Dungeon Defenders 2 Wiki.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.