Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Use time||22 (Fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 3007
The Dart Pistol is a Hardmode ranged weapon that consumes darts as ammunition. It has a 1/5 (20%) chance to be dropped by the Crimson Mimic. It is the Crimson counterpart to the Corruption's Dart Rifle.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It does not receive any specialized boosts from Shroomite armor, though it still receives the stealth boost.
- This weapon can also shoot the Seeds collected by breaking plants while carrying a Blowgun. These Seeds cannot be planted, while the seeds that can be planted cannot be used as ammo for the Dart Pistol.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It can be an extremely deadly mid-Hardmode weapon in the right situations when paired with the right darts: Crystal Darts for enclosed areas or crowded enemies close to each other, Cursed Darts for many grounded enemies, or Ichor Darts for bosses or enemies with high defense. Ichor Darts are also especially useful in situations where dodging is a high priority, for their unique ability to multiply after a short distance, making it easy for at least one dart to hit.
- The combination of the Crimson's Dart Pistol and the Corruption's Cursed Darts can make for a very powerful crowd control weapon, as the high fire rate of the Dart Pistol combined with the damage over time of the Cursed Darts makes it easy to inflict many enemies at once and deal high total DPS.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Dart Pistol could be considered the Hardmode version of The Undertaker, knowing that both are obtainable in worlds containing Crimson and bear a small resemblance. The only difference is that the The Undertaker consumes bullets as ammunition instead of darts.
- It is currently the fastest dart-shooting weapon in the game.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Sprite updated.
- Damage increased from 28 to 33.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.