|Use time||22 (Fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 3007
The Dart Pistol is a Hardmode ranged weapon that consumes darts as ammunition. It has a 1/5 (20%) chance to be dropped by the Crimson Mimic. It is the Crimson counterpart to the Corruption's Dart Rifle.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It does not receive any specialized boosts from Shroomite armor, though it still receives the stealth boost.
- This weapon can also shoot the Seeds collected by breaking plants while carrying a Blowgun. These Seeds cannot be planted, while the seeds that can be planted cannot be used as ammo for the Dart Pistol.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It can be an extremely deadly mid-Hardmode weapon in the right situations when paired with the right darts: Crystal Darts for enclosed areas or crowded enemies close to each other, Cursed Darts for many grounded enemies, or Ichor Darts for bosses or enemies with high defense. Ichor Darts are also especially useful in situations where dodging is a high priority, for their unique ability to multiply after a short distance, making it easy for at least one dart to hit.
- The combination of the Crimson's Dart Pistol and the Corruption's Cursed Darts can make for a very powerful crowd control weapon, as the high fire rate of the Dart Pistol combined with the damage over time of the Cursed Darts makes it easy to inflict many enemies at once and deal high total DPS.
- When used with Crystal Darts it can easily decimate Skeletron Prime.
- Note that it is difficult to obtain both in one world due to the world only generating with one Evil biome.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Dart Pistol could be considered the Hardmode version of The Undertaker, seeing how both are obtainable in worlds containing the Crimson and bear some visual resemblances. The only functional difference between the two is that the The Undertaker consumes bullets as ammunition, instead of darts.
- It is currently the fastest dart-shooting weapon in the game.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Damage decreased from 33 to 28.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Sprite updated.
- Damage increased from 28 to 33.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.