|Damage||62 / 52 (Ranged)|
|Use time||38 (Very slow)|
|Sell||8 / 5|
- Internal Item ID: 3008
The Dart Rifle is a Hardmode ranged weapon that consumes darts as ammunition. It has a
20*1/5 (20%) chance to be dropped by Corrupt Mimics. It is the Corruption counterpart to the Crimson's Dart Pistol.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It does not receive any specialized boosts from Shroomite armor. General boosts are applied normally.
- This weapon can also shoot the Seeds collected by breaking plants while carrying a Blowgun or a Blowpipe.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It can be an extremely deadly mid-Hardmode weapon in the right situations when paired with the right darts: Crystal Darts for enclosed areas or crowded enemies, or Cursed Darts for many grounded enemies.
- With the right gear, the Dart Rifle can do over 200 damage on a critical hit. This damage, combined with the damage over time of Cursed Darts, allows it to pick off powerful enemies with a single shot. It remains useful even past Plantera's defeat, performing sufficiently well until the Sniper Rifle becomes available.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Dart Rifle could be considered the Hardmode version of the Musket, seeing as both are obtainable in worlds containing the Corruption, and both looked almost visually identical before the Dart Rifle's sprite was changed in 188.8.131.52. The primary functional difference between the two is that the Musket consumes bullets as ammunition, instead of darts.
- The Dart Rifle is not capable of using the Rifle Scope or any of its upgrades to zoom in on targets, likely due to it not being considered a gun.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Sprite updated.
- Damage increased from 52 to 62.
- Sell value increased from 5 to 8.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.