|Use time||37 Very Slow|
- Internal Item ID: 3008
The Dart Rifle is a Hardmode ranged weapon that has a 20% chance to be dropped by Corrupt Mimics found in the Underground Corruption. Like the name suggests, this weapon will shoot all kinds of darts. It is the Corruption counterpart to the Dart Pistol.
It can be an extremely deadly mid-Hardmode weapon in the right situations when paired with the right darts: Crystal Darts for enclosed areas or with many enemies close to each other, Cursed Darts for many grounded enemies, and Ichor Darts, though unobtainable in a corruption world, may be preferred with bosses or enemies with high defense, especially where dodging is a high priority for its unique ability to multiply after a short distance, making it easy for at least one dart to hit.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- With the right gear, the Dart Rifle can do over 200 damage on a critical hit. This damage combined with the damage over time of Cursed Darts allow it to pick off powerful enemies with a single shot. It remains useful even past Plantera's defeat, performing sufficiently well until the Sniper Rifle becomes available.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Dart Rifle could be considered the Hardmode version of the Musket, knowing that both are obtainable in worlds containing Corruption and bear a similar resemblance. The only difference is that the Musket consumes bullets as ammunition instead of darts.
- Despite functioning similarly to a rifle and appearing to have a mounted scope, the Dart Rifle is not capable of using the Rifle Scope to zoom in on targets.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()