|Debuff tooltip||Incenerated by solar rays|
|Duration|| 5 seconds|
The Daybreak being used on a Target Dummy
. Each spear that sticks into the dummy increases the debuff's effect.
The Daybreak is a Hardmode, endgame melee weapon crafted from Solar Fragments obtained from the Lunar Events. It auto-fires projectiles that cost no mana or ammunition. It can be considered a much more powerful and non-consuming Bone Javelin, as its projectiles are affected by gravity and stick to enemies to inflict damage over time. Up to 8 projectiles can stick to an enemy at once, with each dealing 25 damage per quarter-second. The spears also emit a good amount of light, making exploration and finding enemies in the dark much easier.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
- Attack speed increases the velocity of the Daybreak's spears rather than its fire rate, in a similar fashion to the Vampire Knives.
- The Daybreak is highly useful against the Moon Lord. The DoT (Damage over time), along with the fact that it’s meant for single targets, can kill him very fast. Along with some melee enhancing accessories, you can focus more on dodging after hitting him with a few Daybreaks, dealing damage while maneuvering into a better position. This tactic can be helpful to restart the ability for Beetle armor.
- The particle effects created from the spear can be used to locate ore and caves through walls.
- The Daybreak can only have eight spears in an enemy at one time. Trying to throw more will despawn the earliest ones that were stuck in that enemy.
- The Solar Eruption, a weapon also crafted from Solar Fragments, is much better for multiple targets.
- It's important to note that the DoT (Damage over time) damage is not influenced by damage buffs of any kind. As this makes up the majority of the weapon's damage (8 spears x 25 damage = 200 max base spear damage per quarter-second = 800 max spear DPS), this makes the Daybreak nearly as good in the hands of any class, not just melee.
- The debuff tooltip misspells "Incinerated" as "Incenerated".
- You can still give it the Unreal Modifier with commands, which will increase its Velocity.
- The Daybroken debuff that the Daybreak and the Solar Eruption inflict does not have its own debuff symbol as it currently cannot be inflicted on players. It uses the Stardust Dragon's buff symbol instead.
- Although not exactly the same in appearance, it looks similar to the spears used by Drakanians.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed Daybroken debuff spreading to friendly NPCs, killing them.