|AI Type||Star Cell/Brain Suckler AI|
|Damage||100 / 200|
|Max Life||350 / 700|
|KB Resist||30% / 37%|
- Internal NPC ID: 467
|All Deadly Sphere forms|
- This article is about the enemy. For information about the Deadly Sphere minion, see Deadly Sphere Staff.
Deadly Spheres are Hardmode, post-Plantera Enemies that spawn during the Solar Eclipse Event. They fly randomly in the direction of the player until close, at which point they rapidly charge and attempt to remain on top of the player.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Deadly Spheres will move through walls to get close to the player, but are unable to actually charge through them to attack players.
- Due to the Sphere's high defense, Vampire Knives and Spectre Hood's self healing effect may not work on them if the player doesn't have enough damage buffs; the attacks will not hit hard enough to give health back.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since they can't get close to the player if blocks are in their way, blocking yourself in from them (making a little cage to hide in) is effective (Mothrons will still be able to attack).
- Due to their small size, Minions and homing weapons are most effective.
- Deadly Spheres have one of the highest defense ratings out of any enemy in the game, making weapons that deal large amounts of damage particularly useful.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Deadly Spheres are a reference to the 1979 film Phantasm.
- It has the 3rd highest defense of all non-boss enemies, with 80 defense, Topped only by the Sharkron and the Dungeon guardian.
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()