Deadly Sphere Staff
|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||35 Slow|
|Tooltip||Summons deadly spheres to fight for you|
|Buff tooltip||The Deadly Sphere will fight for you|
The Deadly Sphere Staff is a Hardmode, post-Plantera minion-summoning weapon that summons a Deadly Sphere character to fight on the player's behalf. The Deadly Sphere flies continuously and charges at enemies to inflict damage. It cannot attack through blocks. The Deadly Sphere has several visual forms. It periodically rotates between these forms after it has attacked three times. This has no mechanical effect. It has a 2.5% / 3.75% (1/40 / 3/80) chance to drop from Deadly Spheres during a Solar Eclipse.
Its best Modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stats bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Deadly Sphere Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like the enemy that drops it, this item is a reference to the 1979 film, Phantasm.
- The staff may appear with the Deadly modifier, resulting in the name "Deadly Deadly Sphere Staff".
- Summoned Deadly Sphere minions appear to have a shorter than average enemy detection radius (about 40 tiles) compared to many other summoned minions that can detect enemies off-screen.
- One of the designs for the Deadly Sphere resembles a TIE-Advanced from Star Wars but is actually a visual reference to a variant of the sphere seen in Phantasm II.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()