|Use time||22 Fast|
|Tooltip||Able to mine Hellstone|
- Internal Item ID: 798
The Deathbringer Pickaxe is the fifth tier of Pickaxe. Like all pickaxes, it is used to mine a majority of blocks and ores. The Deathbringer Pickaxe, Nightmare Pickaxe, Molten Pickaxe, and Reaver Shark are the only Pre-Hardmode pickaxes able to mine Ebonstone, Crimstone, Obsidian, Hellstone, Desert Fossil and Dungeon Bricks.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes and Legendary for combat purposes.
The Deathbringer Pickaxe is the Crimson variant of the Nightmare Pickaxe, but its mining speed is one less. It also can mine Ebonstone/Crimstone/Hellstone/Dungeon blocks in one less hit than the Nightmare Pickaxe.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Compared to the Nightmare Pickaxe, the Deathbringer Pickaxe has superior power, and has slightly better mining speed.
- The Deathbringer Pickaxe is faster than the higher-tier Molten Pickaxe at mining weak block types: Ash, Clay, Dirt, Mud, Sand and Silt. While it is still slower at mining stronger block types like Bricks, Gems, Stone, Meteorite, Obsidian, it is also faster when mining the strongest pre-Hardmode block types (i.e. Hellstone, Crimstone, Ebonstone, Pearlstone, Dungeon Bricks). Therefore, once the player has acquired the Molten Pickaxe, it is advisable to keep the Deathbringer Pickaxe around so they can be swapped as needed. Rapid swapping is possible by selecting the pick which is farther right in the inventory and then holding shift to swap to the other pick as needed.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.