|Use time||90 (Snail)|
|Tooltip||If you listen closely, you can hear screams|
'Watch your toes'
- Internal Item ID: 4819
- Not to be confused with Magic Conch.
The Demon Conch is a rare pre-Hardmode item obtainable by fishing in lava. When used, it teleports the player to the center of the Underworld. Like the Magic Mirror, it can be used infinitely at no cost, making it a viable alternative to using conventional hellevators.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Demon Conch requires a flat surface at least 3 tiles wide and 2 tiles high at the center of the Underworld or it will not teleport the player.
- At minimum, 3 blocks placed in a "v" formation fulfills this requirement.
- The chosen area must be within 200 feet east or west of the world's center, and more than 25 tiles Verify below the entrance to the Underworld layer.
- The chosen area cannot contain lava. Honey is acceptable.
- The point chosen (specifically 3 tiles above the ground, on the left side of the three-block area) cannot have a wall behind it. Other walls in the space are fine but this means it is not possible to spawn inside an enclosed space without breaking a hole in the wall.
- When using the drunk world seed, it is possible no area will meet this requirement, requiring the player to build their own to utilize the Demon Conch.
- If no area meets the requirements, using the Demon Conch will reset the player's momentum, and reset any extra jumps from accessories. This can be used to gain infinite "flight".
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It has the slowest use time in the game, tied with the Magic Mirror, Magic Conch, and Snake Charmer's Flute.
- Its tooltip, "If you listen closely, you can hear screams", is a reference to the belief that one can hear the ocean when holding a conch shell to a person's ear, except that instead of ocean sounds, sounds of screaming are heard instead, as this is an Underworld-related item.
- It resembles the shell of a Magma Snail.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.