|Mana||14 / 10|
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Casts a demon scythe|
- Demon Scythe
The Demon Scythe is a magic weapon that fires circular projectiles that can pierce through multiple enemies and/or large enemies for multiple hits on each. Its projectiles have little to no movement for the first second or two, then gradually gain speed. The Demon Scythe has a 2.86% (1/35) chance of being dropped by Demons and Voodoo Demons in The Underworld.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Demon Scythe's projectiles emit a fair amount of light, and depending on their momentum when impacting a surface, will produce illuminating sparks that continue on the same trajectory, even through thick walls.
- It does not pierce through blocks but if an enemy is directly on the other side of a block, the projectile can damage it as it hits the block.
- After picking up to full speed, it travels at exactly 61 mph.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Demon Scythe remains useful into Hardmode, as its damage rate rivals that of many Hardmode weapons, especially when fired up-close for continuous damage while the projectile is still picking up speed.
- The Demon Scythe is comparatively inexpensive to reforge.
- The Demon Scythe is useful when fighting the Wall of Flesh as its attacks can pierce The Hungry and Leeches that the boss summons.
- Similarly, the piercing, persistent attacks are very useful against the Eater of Worlds, making the fight more possible even if the player otherwise is not geared up to defeat it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Demon Scythe projectile is called a Demon Sickle in death messages.
- The book may appear with the Demonic modifier, resulting in the name "Demonic Demon Scythe".
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Mana usage increased from 10 to 14.
- Desktop 1.2: Mana usage reduced from 14 to 10.
- Desktop 1.1: Mana usage reduced from 18 to 14.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.