|Type||Ore • Crafting material|
|Placeable||1 wide × 1 high|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||'Pulsing with dark energy'|
Demonite Ore is a Pre-Hardmode Ore. It is The Corruption counterpart to The Crimson's Crimtane Ore, and will not appear naturally in Crimson worlds. It can be found very rarely in small veins Underground in worlds that contain Corruption, however the only usable quantities come from bosses, namely Eater of Worlds, and from the Eye of Cthulhu in worlds naturally containing Corruption. Demonite Ore emits a faint blue glow when placed, similar to Crimtane Ore.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Demonite Ore does not spread the Corruption during Hardmode.
- The placed block texture of Demonite Ore seems to represent scales.
- Demonite Ore, and its counterpart Crimtane Ore, can be mined extremely early-game with bombs, though because they are both very rare this is not a very viable method to gather any appreciable amount.
- Very rarely, Demonite Ore can spawn extremely close to the surface.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Selling the bar rather than the ore yields an extra 8 per bar. The bar is the most profitable way to sell Demonite.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Placed Demonite has a new texture.
- Now requires 3 Demonite instead of 4 Demonite to craft a bar.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.2: Now only dropped by the Eye of Cthulhu if the world has Corruption; otherwise Crimtane Ore is dropped.
- Desktop 1.1: Now gives off purple light on top of the sparkle effect.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Now has a sparkle effect.
- Can now be found underground, in small veins.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.