|Placeable||(1 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||'Pulsing with dark energy'|
Demonite Ore is a pre-Hardmode ore. It is the Corruption counterpart to the Crimson's Crimtane Ore, and will not appear naturally in Crimson worlds. It can be found very rarely in small veins underground in worlds that contain Corruption, however the only usable quantities come from bosses, namely Eater of Worlds, and from the Eye of Cthulhu in worlds naturally containing Corruption. Demonite Ore emits a faint blue glow when placed, similar to Crimtane Ore.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Demonite Ore does not spread the Corruption whatsoever.
- Unlike its Crimson counterpart, Demonite Ore can be found in increased amounts within Corruption cave systems.
- Demonite Ore and its counterpart Crimtane Ore can be mined extremely early-game with Bombs, though because they are both very rare this is not a very viable method to gather any appreciable amount.
- Very rarely, Demonite Ore can spawn extremely close to the surface.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Selling the bar rather than the ore yields an extra 8 per bar, as an ore sells for 8 and the bar sells for 32. The bar is the most profitable way to sell Demonite.
- As of 1.4, Demonite Ores have increased value and Demonite Bars have decreased value, such that one makes the same amount of money selling via the ores or the bars. Hence, it is more efficient to sell the ores.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The placed block texture of Demonite Ore seems to represent scales.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.2: Now only dropped by the Eye of Cthulhu if the world has Corruption; otherwise Crimtane Ore is dropped.
- Desktop 1.1: Now gives off purple light on top of the sparkle effect.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Now has a sparkle effect.
- Can now be found underground, in small veins.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.