We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Type||Accessory – Informational|
|Sell|| 25 /|
|Internal Item ID: 18|
The Depth Meter is an informational item that displays the player's depth. It is required to craft the GPS, which can then be used to craft the PDA and the Cell Phone. The Depth Meter is dropped by Cave Bats, Giant Bats, and Jungle Bats. It has a 1 in 100 chance (1%) to drop in the Desktop version, and a 1 in 200 chance (0.5%) in the Console version and Mobile version. In the Console version, the Depth Meter may also be crafted.
- In the Desktop version, depth is measured in feet, with one tile equaling two feet.
- In the Console version, depth is measured in meters, with two tiles equaling one meter.
Depth is measured relative to the boundary between the Surface and Underground layers, which has a depth of 0 and is displayed as "level"; the grassy surface of the Forest is generally around 64 blocks upward from this line.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Console Version[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Depth is measured at the level of the player's feet.
- The Depth Meter doesn't need to be equipped to function, it simply needs to sit in the player's inventory.
- The Depth Meter will not work if equipped in a vanity slot.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Depth Meter is useful for finding biomes that are generated at specific elevation ranges, such as Floating Islands, the Underground Jungle, and the Underworld.
- The Depth Meter can be used to avoid spawning Dungeon Guardians by staying above 0 depth.
History[edit | edit source]
- Sprite updated.
- Sell value increased from 20 to 25 .
- 1.2: Changed from being craftable to being dropped by Cave Bats.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.